Sierra Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sierra Club Interview Questions

Interviews at Sierra Club

2.9

Senior Campaign Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Club (Washington, DC) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a first interview with the person that would be my supervisor, then an online group interview with different campaign representatives in different states and then was required to travel to the HQ in DC for an in-person interview.

I have a lot of respect for Sierra Club's mission but the interviewing process was very disappointing. The communication with the supervisor was very poor, I was asked to travel to DC with less than a week in advance and no flexibility on the day or the time of the interview.

After the final interview, I never heard back. I had to follow up multiple times to the point of having to reach out to a person above the interviewer to get an answer. More than two months after my interview, I finally learned that I was not chosen. Later I learned that they had already offered the position to another candidate and didn't inform me of their decision.

I'm not sure how much the HR department is aware of the lack of protocol held by staff leading interview processes.

My advice: Treat your candidates like human beings, especially if you are a mission-driven organization.

Interview Questions

• Create a plan to stop plans for opening hunting to an endangered specie.   1 Answer

CRM Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Club (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a first round phone interview and then flew to DC for a second round group interview. They never got back to me about whether I got the job, even after 3 emails. No excuse for that. Got reimbursed for the travel though.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time you dealt with an obstacle and how you tackled it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Club in February 2018.

Interview

Submitted an application and heard back unexpectedly 2-3 weeks later via email. We scheduled a phone interview with the department’s manager for the following week. I thought the phone call went really well, and about a week later, I was invited to do a video interview even though I am located where the HQ is in Oakland.

The video interview was with the person who interviewed me over the phone, and 4 others in the department. It took about an hour. They told me it would take at least 2 more weeks after before they would have any updates.

I emailed 2 weeks later, and they revealed to me that in the two weeks I waited to hear back, they chose someone else for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Club.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen a couple weeks after I submitted by application online, followed by an in person interview about two weeks after the phone screening. I heard back with an answer very quickly after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having two different people ask for your help with two different projects at the same time?   Answer Question

Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Club in June 2008.

Interview

The interview had two stages. The first was a panel interview with the supervisor and a member of another department. The second stage was another panel interview with the supervisor, the head of the department and a peer level staff member. The work culture appeared relaxed (staff members dressed casually, the atmosphere was casual).