Sierra Club Political Compliance Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sierra Club

1 Interview Review

Political Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Club (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I found the job online. I applied and got an email in about 2 days about when to set up a phone interview. We had to do some schedule maneuvering because the interviewer was traveling.

We had about a 20 minute phone conversation about the position and what it entailed. While I had a lot of experience that would have been perfectly relevant, I was disappointed to find that the job seemed to be geared more towards training than research (the job description made me think it was more of a research position with its emphasis on gathering information, managing reports, etc.). What was also not listed at all in the job description was traveling to do these trainings.

I was a bit caught off guard and I think that probably reflected in my interview. The interviewer seemed more interested in having someone who had already done actual trainings before.

The interviewer said he'd let me know by the middle of the following week. The end of the following week went by plus a few more days and I followed up by email. In reply I received a form email letting me know I did not get the position. It was a little disappointing to have to prompt them in order to find out whether I should move on or not.

I never met the interviewer in person. Honestly I wasn't too upset because while I had been very excited when I read the job posting, the fact that travel wasn't listed as part of the job made me wary and the emphasis on training during the interview (despite not having been thoroughly detailed in the job posting) told me this wasn't going to be a good fit. It wasn't a lot of trips (5-6 total a year across the country I think) but travel is usually listed in job postings and it seemed very odd that this wasn't at all mentioned if it's required to train people.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in this position? Did I have experience in conducting trainings? What was my experience with campaign finance compliance?   Answer Question