Sierra Nevada Corporation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Hagerstown, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview process included several levels of managers after the recruiter's phone screening(s). In my experience this was a very typical interview process for the hiring process in the current corporate environment.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Beavercreek, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by recruiter/talent acquisition specialist about a few weeks later. Set up an interview in mid-October. Interview was conducted by a team of 3 engineers and a manager. Since, the recruiter gave me the names of all the interviewers, I did some basic research and found all 3 of the engineers had LinkedIn Profiles. From there I was able to deduce exactly what I would be working on and what skills I had to talk about. I had actually known about Sierra Nevada before I even applied because I had carefully watching the private space race between them, SpaceX and Boeing. This surprised the interviewers and I started a really long conversation with them that was really fun and I didn't feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about transistor technologies and FPGAs. Why MOSFETs are used over BJTs.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Initial phone screening with the talent specialist, followed by a group phone interview with hiring manager, members of team and team lead, in person group interview on site, hr asked questions for 1/2hr, group of 4 team members spent an hour discussing position and asking questions, questions ranged from leadership experience, leadership definition, job defining, experience

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Within 2 weeks, I heard back from HR. I finished the application process through the "career" section on their website. Shortly after that, they contacted me and set up a date/time phone interview. There was only 1 interviewer present. About a week later, they told me that I got the position.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter after I submitted the resume online. He set up a phone interview with three engineering manager. On site interview happened about one month later including one on one with five individuals. Then the decision was made about two weeks afterwards

Interview Questions

• Every question was expected. They are rather technical than behavior   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Hagerstown, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

On-site recruiter called me to see if I would have an interest in working for Sierra Nevada Corp. After the phone interview with recruiter I was then asked to complete an online interview with the VP of the department. After the online interview I was then asked to travel to Hagerstown for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward and I felt very comfortable during the interview process   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with key personnel and toured facility.