Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2017

2.6

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was largely informal, conference room setting with four other engineers. I was asked to detail through my resume and explain how I would apply past experience to the job. Mostly non-technical.

There were some behavioral questions sprinkled throughout, but mostly it was an assessment of soft skills and how deep systems engineering knowledge was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't get along with a team member or co-worker.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Next was the on site with a panel of possible coworkers. The phone interview was basically to make sure I was a real person. No real substantive issues were tackled. The on site a formal, with the manager and other team members. The atmosphere was relaxed and the manager was eager to see if I was a good fit. Technically minded questions were limited. They were interested in how I would interact with the team. I felt very comfortable throughout the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most successful professional experience?   Answer Question

Not willing to negotiate salary. The recruiter didn't even entertain the idea of negotiations. They said this is all we can do for you, and when I expressed my intent to negotiate they basically said oh well, and good luck...

They were asking me to take a 19% salary decrease for more work than I do at my current job, and more hours. I was willing to accept the travel requirements, but more work and a unreasonable salary offer! Come on HR! Get it together and offer a reasonable package to people who WANT to work for you. I still think this is a great company. But, they are going to fall out of favor and are currently experiencing extreme turnover due to dissatisfied engineers.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after submitting my application via the company website I received a phone call from the hiring manager. The phone screen was very informal and consisted primarily of him describing the ins and outs of the ABA program. At the end of our conversation he stated someone would reach out to me to schedule a face to face interview (these can be either on site or via skype; depending upon where you're located). My interview was conducted via Skype - there were the typical interview questions, but nothing too strenuous. At the end I had time to ask any additional questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working on a project and things did not go the way you planned. Describe what happened and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon, without any kind of warning (no email ahead of time to schedule). The recruiter asked typical "preliminary interview" questions about my experience, and the call lasted about 35 minutes. But the interviewer did not paint a great picture of the company -- almost as if she was persuading me NOT to take a job there. "You know the commute will be bad from where you live, right?" "We don't offer flexible hours, so you'll be driving in rush hour." "We are very fast paced, and you will work a lot." "I used to be in XYZ industry, and I really miss it."

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process included both a phone interview and an in-person interview. I was able to meet with numerous individuals from different departments of the company which provided great insight into the overall position I was applying for. Be prepared to spend the majority of a morning/afternoon with their team, but it will be well worth it as you will gain more information than from most other interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous program/project management experience.   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Louisville, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied online through the SNCorp careers page prior to meeting for the interview. Before the interview took place, I met with an engineer who lead a structural team and they gave some insight on what the company was looking for in this position and what their timetable was for filling this position. A week before the interview, a HR manager contacted me with specific details of who was interviewing me, where it would take place, and what I could/couldn't bring (i.e cell phones were prohibited in the interviewing room).

I was interviewed by four structural and senior engineers related to the group I applied for. Overall, the interviewers were very nice and wanted me to discuss certain aspects of my resume that applied directly to the position. The interview was 1 hour long and majority of the time was discussing relevant projects I worked on and about 5-10 minutes were left for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of finite element experience do you have that can be applied to our company?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Probably the shortest and to the point interview I've ever had. They didn't try to drill me with any technical questions and just asked me for some clarification on my skills listed on my resume. Interview was directly with the engineers that I would work with and my future boss. Due to the fact I went to school in another state the interview was via video and they offered me the position without a second round on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, just to talk about projects I had done in school and my proficiency with different languages.   Answer Question

Lead Systems Engineer/Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Hagerstown, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with recruiter; 1 on 1 call with Engineering Director, In person interview with 5 different engineering leaders. They made an offer the next day. All follow up documentation was presented to me online via docu-sign. The HR phone screen was a discussion with little technical details, mostly explaining the benefits of company.

Interview Questions

• Here are the details on a typical project... how would you manage it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Three interviews....First one was a one on one phone interview. Second was a follow up. The last one being with the manager and team. Very easy going interview with your average interview questions. Had an offer extended two days later. The only weird part was the interview from HR during the main interview. He started asking me questions about the job and didn't understand my answers.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty quick basic phone interview. They like me and asked me to come up for an on-site interview. On site was informal and pretty easy. Standard interview questions, nothing too technical either.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions...strengths/weakness. Some basic engineering questions, but nothing complicated.   Answer Question