Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.7

Procurement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The process was very professional yet laid back at the same time. Initial phone screen with recruiter. Then had a 1-hour phone call with the hiring manager. Invited to an onsite interview after speaking with the hiring manager.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Very laid back friendly. Wanted to get a feel for my previous work experience and project experience. Very interested in any side work/ hobbies that would apply to the job.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The experience was very start and stop over 2 months. There were 4 different coordinators/recruiters giving different information. They expected me to be flexible, while showing no flexibility on their part during the whole process. The experience may or may not be indicative of what it is like to work at SNC, but as a candidate there is no way of knowing. I would recommend that SNC tighten up their recruiting and HR processes to better represent themselves to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to work with non-responsive people. (Ironic considering my experience.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews 4/5 were abruptly canceled a few hours beforehand. I was lied to as to why the interviews were canceled and that the interviews would be rescheduled. They never were. So rude. I appreciate companies that are transparent and treat their candidates with care and respect. SNC certainly isn't one of them. So glad I didn't come to work here!!!

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and had two phone calls with Human Resources. That was followed by an in-person meeting with a director and then a group meeting with the department.

I did not want to work for the company because it is a Human Resources run group now with no respect for the employees or candidates. The first panel meeting I was to have was scheduled a week and a half in advance and I took off for it. Due to HR not checking with anyone they canceled it and demanded I reschedule the next day, which I did not.

After resetting and doing the meeting, which the VP Skyped in for in their offices. The HR department called and DEMANDED via email that I take their personality test within 12 hours or I would need to be eliminated. I withdrew, explaining via email that I was outside of the US and could not complete it until Monday (three days later).

HR told me that the company runs and people are expected to jump with HR says jump.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, professional and immediately put me at ease. They had my resume up and my pre-interview questions from HR up as well. He referenced it often, and took notes. Questions were intelligent, relevant, and insightful. He was plainly spoken, but very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult job you've had to do, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Reverse Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a lead on this job through a headhunter.
    Started with the usual phone screen.
    The phone screen went pretty well. The lead engineer seemed pretty competent and made the role sound interesting.
    I'm still in the process of obtaining my security clearance and both the recruiter and the engineer I talked to assured me I didn't need it yet.

Next arrangements were made and did an in person interview.
    Over all it was pretty casual and informal which I really liked.
    Unfortunately many people we out on vacation so I didn't get to meet them.
    Also I didn't get any kind our tour of the facilities. Understood for security reasons one always can't, but she was the only person I spoke to there period.
    For anyone excepts any kind of engineering position you most certainly need to get a feel of the office culture.

All seemed to go well until towards the end of the interview I brought up security clearance to inform her that I definitely wanted it and it would have to be continued.

At that point it was "Oh you don't have clearance? That might be a problem with our customer." Huh? I was told I didn't need clearance at the moment for the position.
    She left things at I will check with the customer when they get back in a week..

I decided to email the recruiter to see if he got any feedback. Turns out he did (another real winner he was). She had told him that he got with their security directory and since I didn't already have clearance I wasn't worth the risk.

None of this really made sense. I have nothing in my history that should caused my to be denied clearance. There is virtually no risk, more of a "sure thing" statistically.
    And how could their security guy do any kind of check on my status when they never took my information to look it up?

I didn't appreciate these people wasting my time with this kind of nonsense. After all I am currently working full time and had to schedule in a time to drive out and see her.

I can only rationalize she/they just didn't want to hire me and instead of giving me at least the professional courtesy of telling me directly (I don't even need an explanation) they made up these BS excuses. I'm a problem solver so initially I thought okay there is clearly some misunderstanding here and/or someone(s) clearly don't know their own business (about clearance issues et al).

I think I was saved a lot of time and grief it didn't go any further than that.
    If you are offered an interview there, be sure you vet everything else before you make your next move.

Interview Questions

• Asked me particulars about the project they were working on to get a feel for my technical knowledge and skill.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well and I got an on-site interview. This interview seemed like it went well, but I was not selected and the recruiter would not give me any information on why I was not selected.

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed by manager. Basic questions about your skill, experience, and Excel software is mostly used to perform tasks. The manager is very interested in what kind of book that you are reading since he is a self taught person who does not have a major degree.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screen by HR and online behavioral assessment using Predictive Index.
    After successful completion, phone screen and in-person interviews were setup promptly. Group Interview with seven persons followed by 3 individual interviews followed by a site walk through.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using FPGA?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of working in a team environment   Answer Question