Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sierra Nevada Corporation

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, professional and immediately put me at ease. They had my resume up and my pre-interview questions from HR up as well. He referenced it often, and took notes. Questions were intelligent, relevant, and insightful. He was plainly spoken, but very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult job you've had to do, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed by manager. Basic questions about your skill, experience, and Excel software is mostly used to perform tasks. The manager is very interested in what kind of book that you are reading since he is a self taught person who does not have a major degree.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after submitting my application via the company website I received a phone call from the hiring manager. The phone screen was very informal and consisted primarily of him describing the ins and outs of the ABA program. At the end of our conversation he stated someone would reach out to me to schedule a face to face interview (these can be either on site or via skype; depending upon where you're located). My interview was conducted via Skype - there were the typical interview questions, but nothing too strenuous. At the end I had time to ask any additional questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working on a project and things did not go the way you planned. Describe what happened and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial call was with recruiter who based on an initial screen, was called to interview in person. Technical interview was very light ! No on the spot coding etc..general questions and explain on the board with a diagram type questions. There were some generic IP Networking questions about the IP protocol header; and high level questions on UNIX System calls

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficuly challenge you faced on any project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straighforward negotation with Head of SF branch directly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a phone interview lasting a little under an hour. They asked the details of my resume, asked what kind of extra expierence I may have had, and asked me to detail a project that I had mentioned in my resume as much as possible. It seemed they were trying to test the waters to make sure I wasn't making it up but it was expected. The second interview was more like an introduction. I was led around the building, had flattering questions asked of me, nothing too in depth and there was no coding test, something that made me feel like finally my education and expierience can speak for itself. After this it was a number of weeks before I was working for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to diagram a specific function in a code I wrote, something that I was proud of making. They didn't require me to write down the code, just explain the logic. It surprised me that for a software engineering position I wasn't being overly and stupidly tested.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 30 minute phone screening with 3 people followed by an hour long on-site interview with 4 people. For both interviews, I was unaware there would be multiple people, but they were friendly. A mixture of technical questions based on my resume and general questions.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had the usual phone screen. A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 software engineers, reasonably technical. I was given a coding project and asked to complete it for the in-person interview. Maybe a week after that I was in CO for the in-person.

I really liked the environment and building, seems like a really cool place to work and their benefits 401k in particular were pretty good. While I appreciate how casual the environment seemed it was awkward having an interview in a suit and tie while the interviewers wore tee shirts and jeans. Generally they were pretty nice, we went over my code project and they seemed dismayed that the project took me longer to complete than their estimates. While we went over my code on a projector they kept asking me if there were better ways to do what I did and having me make changes. The part that was really frustrating was, I felt as though they expected me to read their minds and they would ask me questions then answer them for me before I really had a chance to think about what they were asking. All things considered I guess I just wasn't suited for them.

Interview Questions

• The usual OO concept stuff, what is polymorphism, what is a pointer, how to create something on the heap, difference between statically and dynamically typed languages.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a job fair, and about a month later I got a call asking to set up an interview time. I was brought in on a Monday from 8:00am-1:00pm and met with a Senior Software Engineer, other Software Engineers, and upper level management (I didn't expect to meet with people that high up on the chain of command, but they seemed genuiniely interested in what I was interested in, had studied, etc.).

I generally just talked with each person I met with about my employement history, what I learned from those positions, projects I had worked on at school, what I am interested in, etc. There were no questions like "how do you detect a cycle in a linked list" etc. I assume because my resume and GPA spoke for itself.

After the interview, I was offered a position about two weeks later and started a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• An interviewer asked about the Fast Fourier Transform, but not as an interview question, he was just excited that I knew what it was and could talk about it. He asked how I would address a particular problem with the FFT, which was easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a fresh-out-of-college employee there was not much negotiation to be done.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Probably the shortest and to the point interview I've ever had. They didn't try to drill me with any technical questions and just asked me for some clarification on my skills listed on my resume. Interview was directly with the engineers that I would work with and my future boss. Due to the fact I went to school in another state the interview was via video and they offered me the position without a second round on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, just to talk about projects I had done in school and my proficiency with different languages.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. It was a panel interview with the department's senior software engineers and program managers. The interviewers that I was scheduled to meet with were out of town so I guess they just asked the rest of the department to jump in. We discussed the work experience and projects listed on my resume and the technology that I used. I was expecting a really technical interview (with your usual pop-quiz type algorithm/data structure questions) but was happily surprised when they just asked about my projects. They were interested in the languages and frameworks that I've used, testing procedures, and general web development knowledge. There were also a few soft questions about working in teams and management.

After acceptance of the offer, I had to undergo a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with [JavaScript/Python/C#/Software Testing/HTML/CSS] in relation to your projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was for an intern position so there was no negotiation phase.

Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

Applied with resume. Was shortly called by HR to set up an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and was asked about specifics job experience. Best thing you can do is keep yourself confident but not full of yourself. Keep calm. Stress that you are looking for a culture fit first and foremost. Process was great. I heard back within a week