Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The experience was very start and stop over 2 months. There were 4 different coordinators/recruiters giving different information. They expected me to be flexible, while showing no flexibility on their part during the whole process. The experience may or may not be indicative of what it is like to work at SNC, but as a candidate there is no way of knowing. I would recommend that SNC tighten up their recruiting and HR processes to better represent themselves to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to work with non-responsive people. (Ironic considering my experience.)   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2017.

Interview

Interviews 4/5 were abruptly canceled a few hours beforehand. I was lied to as to why the interviews were canceled and that the interviews would be rescheduled. They never were. So rude. I appreciate companies that are transparent and treat their candidates with care and respect. SNC certainly isn't one of them. So glad I didn't come to work here!!!

Reverse Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a lead on this job through a headhunter.
    Started with the usual phone screen.
    The phone screen went pretty well. The lead engineer seemed pretty competent and made the role sound interesting.
    I'm still in the process of obtaining my security clearance and both the recruiter and the engineer I talked to assured me I didn't need it yet.

Next arrangements were made and did an in person interview.
    Over all it was pretty casual and informal which I really liked.
    Unfortunately many people we out on vacation so I didn't get to meet them.
    Also I didn't get any kind our tour of the facilities. Understood for security reasons one always can't, but she was the only person I spoke to there period.
    For anyone excepts any kind of engineering position you most certainly need to get a feel of the office culture.

All seemed to go well until towards the end of the interview I brought up security clearance to inform her that I definitely wanted it and it would have to be continued.

At that point it was "Oh you don't have clearance? That might be a problem with our customer." Huh? I was told I didn't need clearance at the moment for the position.
    She left things at I will check with the customer when they get back in a week..

I decided to email the recruiter to see if he got any feedback. Turns out he did (another real winner he was). She had told him that he got with their security directory and since I didn't already have clearance I wasn't worth the risk.

None of this really made sense. I have nothing in my history that should caused my to be denied clearance. There is virtually no risk, more of a "sure thing" statistically.
    And how could their security guy do any kind of check on my status when they never took my information to look it up?

I didn't appreciate these people wasting my time with this kind of nonsense. After all I am currently working full time and had to schedule in a time to drive out and see her.

I can only rationalize she/they just didn't want to hire me and instead of giving me at least the professional courtesy of telling me directly (I don't even need an explanation) they made up these BS excuses. I'm a problem solver so initially I thought okay there is clearly some misunderstanding here and/or someone(s) clearly don't know their own business (about clearance issues et al).

I think I was saved a lot of time and grief it didn't go any further than that.
    If you are offered an interview there, be sure you vet everything else before you make your next move.

Interview Questions

• Asked me particulars about the project they were working on to get a feel for my technical knowledge and skill.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well and I got an on-site interview. This interview seemed like it went well, but I was not selected and the recruiter would not give me any information on why I was not selected.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screen by HR and online behavioral assessment using Predictive Index.
    After successful completion, phone screen and in-person interviews were setup promptly. Group Interview with seven persons followed by 3 individual interviews followed by a site walk through.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using FPGA?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of working in a team environment   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

Friendly and direct questioning process, with questions about what value do you add to the "team" and what experience do you have with highly technical information/systems. Hiring person was respectful and good during interview. After the interview, though, no contact for several months not even to say the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about synergy and adding to the "team" of other directors and staff.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after submitting my application via the company website I received a phone call from the hiring manager. The phone screen was very informal and consisted primarily of him describing the ins and outs of the ABA program. At the end of our conversation he stated someone would reach out to me to schedule a face to face interview (these can be either on site or via skype; depending upon where you're located). My interview was conducted via Skype - there were the typical interview questions, but nothing too strenuous. At the end I had time to ask any additional questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working on a project and things did not go the way you planned. Describe what happened and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon, without any kind of warning (no email ahead of time to schedule). The recruiter asked typical "preliminary interview" questions about my experience, and the call lasted about 35 minutes. But the interviewer did not paint a great picture of the company -- almost as if she was persuading me NOT to take a job there. "You know the commute will be bad from where you live, right?" "We don't offer flexible hours, so you'll be driving in rush hour." "We are very fast paced, and you will work a lot." "I used to be in XYZ industry, and I really miss it."

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had the usual phone screen. A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 software engineers, reasonably technical. I was given a coding project and asked to complete it for the in-person interview. Maybe a week after that I was in CO for the in-person.

I really liked the environment and building, seems like a really cool place to work and their benefits 401k in particular were pretty good. While I appreciate how casual the environment seemed it was awkward having an interview in a suit and tie while the interviewers wore tee shirts and jeans. Generally they were pretty nice, we went over my code project and they seemed dismayed that the project took me longer to complete than their estimates. While we went over my code on a projector they kept asking me if there were better ways to do what I did and having me make changes. The part that was really frustrating was, I felt as though they expected me to read their minds and they would ask me questions then answer them for me before I really had a chance to think about what they were asking. All things considered I guess I just wasn't suited for them.

Interview Questions

• The usual OO concept stuff, what is polymorphism, what is a pointer, how to create something on the heap, difference between statically and dynamically typed languages.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call the following week to schedule a phone interview. Interviewed with 3 lead engineers and a manager. They were all very friendly and seemed to be genuinely interested in my experiences. The questions were a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions. The technical questions were all based on things I had put on my resume and they asked me to explain further. I was not offered a second interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SNC?
      Tell us about your senior project   Answer Question