Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.7

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

I had to go through 1 phone interview and 3 in person intervirews. The entire hiring process took over 2 months! After each interview I had to wait another 2-3 weeks to hear anything back from them.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screen by HR and online behavioral assessment using Predictive Index.
    After successful completion, phone screen and in-person interviews were setup promptly. Group Interview with seven persons followed by 3 individual interviews followed by a site walk through.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using FPGA?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of working in a team environment   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, professional and immediately put me at ease. They had my resume up and my pre-interview questions from HR up as well. He referenced it often, and took notes. Questions were intelligent, relevant, and insightful. He was plainly spoken, but very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult job you've had to do, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process included both a phone interview and an in-person interview. I was able to meet with numerous individuals from different departments of the company which provided great insight into the overall position I was applying for. Be prepared to spend the majority of a morning/afternoon with their team, but it will be well worth it as you will gain more information than from most other interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous program/project management experience.   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had the usual phone screen. A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 software engineers, reasonably technical. I was given a coding project and asked to complete it for the in-person interview. Maybe a week after that I was in CO for the in-person.

I really liked the environment and building, seems like a really cool place to work and their benefits 401k in particular were pretty good. While I appreciate how casual the environment seemed it was awkward having an interview in a suit and tie while the interviewers wore tee shirts and jeans. Generally they were pretty nice, we went over my code project and they seemed dismayed that the project took me longer to complete than their estimates. While we went over my code on a projector they kept asking me if there were better ways to do what I did and having me make changes. The part that was really frustrating was, I felt as though they expected me to read their minds and they would ask me questions then answer them for me before I really had a chance to think about what they were asking. All things considered I guess I just wasn't suited for them.

Interview Questions

• The usual OO concept stuff, what is polymorphism, what is a pointer, how to create something on the heap, difference between statically and dynamically typed languages.   Answer Question

Lead Systems Engineer/Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Hagerstown, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with recruiter; 1 on 1 call with Engineering Director, In person interview with 5 different engineering leaders. They made an offer the next day. All follow up documentation was presented to me online via docu-sign. The HR phone screen was a discussion with little technical details, mostly explaining the benefits of company.

Interview Questions

• Here are the details on a typical project... how would you manage it   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Three interviews....First one was a one on one phone interview. Second was a follow up. The last one being with the manager and team. Very easy going interview with your average interview questions. Had an offer extended two days later. The only weird part was the interview from HR during the main interview. He started asking me questions about the job and didn't understand my answers.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The Interview was 4 hours long and I interviewed with 5 different employees. I was asked basic questions but mostly in digital design. This was probably a factor why I did not get hired because I refreshed in advance communication systems and not digital design. The Interview helped me understand what employees are looking for. However, SNC was looking more for a software or firmware engineer not a hardware engineer.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Was called to set up the interview, and was in two days later for the interview. Was asked some basic engineering experience questions regarding projects that I had been involved in as well as about past work experience. Was asked to perform some basic algebra on the spot, so be ready for this if you are interviewing for an internship. Was give a tour and met and interviewed with several different people throughout the course of the day.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic stuff here, nothing unexpected. Just be ready to answer the standard questions and show them why you would be the best candidate to work as an intern and later as a full-time professional.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in April 2008.

Interview

The company will post jobs early and keep them open until the position is filled, sometimes keeping the posting open after, just to get a pool of candidates for the next job. You are allowed to repost your resume and update on their site, I highly reccomend updating it and re applying for different jobs. The company will change and modify a position to fit the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SNC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

was able to negotiate 2% more than their offer