Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Material Planner I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Greenville, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I prepared myself by prior searching SNC on the web and getting familiar with the company. My interview was 30 minutes long and was offiered a job that very day!

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would consider working in another state!   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty much easiest interview ever. No formalities, no real interview questions.

Negotiation

Slow with recruiting. Had to bug the recruiter constantly for status updates.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a job fair, and about a month later I got a call asking to set up an interview time. I was brought in on a Monday from 8:00am-1:00pm and met with a Senior Software Engineer, other Software Engineers, and upper level management (I didn't expect to meet with people that high up on the chain of command, but they seemed genuiniely interested in what I was interested in, had studied, etc.).

I generally just talked with each person I met with about my employement history, what I learned from those positions, projects I had worked on at school, what I am interested in, etc. There were no questions like "how do you detect a cycle in a linked list" etc. I assume because my resume and GPA spoke for itself.

After the interview, I was offered a position about two weeks later and started a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• An interviewer asked about the Fast Fourier Transform, but not as an interview question, he was just excited that I knew what it was and could talk about it. He asked how I would address a particular problem with the FFT, which was easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a fresh-out-of-college employee there was not much negotiation to be done.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Hagerstown, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

On-site recruiter called me to see if I would have an interest in working for Sierra Nevada Corp. After the phone interview with recruiter I was then asked to complete an online interview with the VP of the department. After the online interview I was then asked to travel to Hagerstown for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward and I felt very comfortable during the interview process   Answer Question

Aircraft Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

Real good time great guy turns out he was a very good friend of my best friend. We discussed the company, my skills boom you are hired. I will pay you $30.hour plus hazard pay if you get your clearance.

Interview Questions

• Standard aircraft RII inspection experience. At my experience level over 35 years is was very easy.   1 Answer

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. The interview in person was comfortable and informal. The staff very nice and accommodative. However, after reflecting on the in person interview, I realized that it was a formality since they had already made a decision.

Production Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Easy. Does not require the 5 years experience they demand for these types of positions. On the day of the interview they were not prepared and the Human Resources Department did not seem to know I was scheduled in. Entering for the first time to an unprepared staff makes you wonder..

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a technician   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty quick basic phone interview. They like me and asked me to come up for an on-site interview. On site was informal and pretty easy. Standard interview questions, nothing too technical either.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions...strengths/weakness. Some basic engineering questions, but nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed by manager. Basic questions about your skill, experience, and Excel software is mostly used to perform tasks. The manager is very interested in what kind of book that you are reading since he is a self taught person who does not have a major degree.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a phone interview lasting a little under an hour. They asked the details of my resume, asked what kind of extra expierence I may have had, and asked me to detail a project that I had mentioned in my resume as much as possible. It seemed they were trying to test the waters to make sure I wasn't making it up but it was expected. The second interview was more like an introduction. I was led around the building, had flattering questions asked of me, nothing too in depth and there was no coding test, something that made me feel like finally my education and expierience can speak for itself. After this it was a number of weeks before I was working for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to diagram a specific function in a code I wrote, something that I was proud of making. They didn't require me to write down the code, just explain the logic. It surprised me that for a software engineering position I wasn't being overly and stupidly tested.   Answer Question