Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.6

Reverse Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a lead on this job through a headhunter.
    Started with the usual phone screen.
    The phone screen went pretty well. The lead engineer seemed pretty competent and made the role sound interesting.
    I'm still in the process of obtaining my security clearance and both the recruiter and the engineer I talked to assured me I didn't need it yet.

Next arrangements were made and did an in person interview.
    Over all it was pretty casual and informal which I really liked.
    Unfortunately many people we out on vacation so I didn't get to meet them.
    Also I didn't get any kind our tour of the facilities. Understood for security reasons one always can't, but she was the only person I spoke to there period.
    For anyone excepts any kind of engineering position you most certainly need to get a feel of the office culture.

All seemed to go well until towards the end of the interview I brought up security clearance to inform her that I definitely wanted it and it would have to be continued.

At that point it was "Oh you don't have clearance? That might be a problem with our customer." Huh? I was told I didn't need clearance at the moment for the position.
    She left things at I will check with the customer when they get back in a week..

I decided to email the recruiter to see if he got any feedback. Turns out he did (another real winner he was). She had told him that he got with their security directory and since I didn't already have clearance I wasn't worth the risk.

None of this really made sense. I have nothing in my history that should caused my to be denied clearance. There is virtually no risk, more of a "sure thing" statistically.
    And how could their security guy do any kind of check on my status when they never took my information to look it up?

I didn't appreciate these people wasting my time with this kind of nonsense. After all I am currently working full time and had to schedule in a time to drive out and see her.

I can only rationalize she/they just didn't want to hire me and instead of giving me at least the professional courtesy of telling me directly (I don't even need an explanation) they made up these BS excuses. I'm a problem solver so initially I thought okay there is clearly some misunderstanding here and/or someone(s) clearly don't know their own business (about clearance issues et al).

I think I was saved a lot of time and grief it didn't go any further than that.
    If you are offered an interview there, be sure you vet everything else before you make your next move.

Interview Questions

• Asked me particulars about the project they were working on to get a feel for my technical knowledge and skill.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and had two phone calls with Human Resources. That was followed by an in-person meeting with a director and then a group meeting with the department.

I did not want to work for the company because it is a Human Resources run group now with no respect for the employees or candidates. The first panel meeting I was to have was scheduled a week and a half in advance and I took off for it. Due to HR not checking with anyone they canceled it and demanded I reschedule the next day, which I did not.

After resetting and doing the meeting, which the VP Skyped in for in their offices. The HR department called and DEMANDED via email that I take their personality test within 12 hours or I would need to be eliminated. I withdrew, explaining via email that I was outside of the US and could not complete it until Monday (three days later).

HR told me that the company runs and people are expected to jump with HR says jump.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, professional and immediately put me at ease. They had my resume up and my pre-interview questions from HR up as well. He referenced it often, and took notes. Questions were intelligent, relevant, and insightful. He was plainly spoken, but very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult job you've had to do, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed by manager. Basic questions about your skill, experience, and Excel software is mostly used to perform tasks. The manager is very interested in what kind of book that you are reading since he is a self taught person who does not have a major degree.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Screen and one to two on site interviews. The Talent team was very friendly and helpful through the initial contact through the final job offer process. The process was kind of slow but it was thorough.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SNC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair and equitable. I provided one counter offer and then accepted the position. Great benefits package.

Marketing Support Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Louisville, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

I had one interview with the director of Marketing and assistant. It was mainly a couple questions regarding my past experience and what I could bring to the world of aerospace.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences did you have that would be applicable to this position?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was largely informal, conference room setting with four other engineers. I was asked to detail through my resume and explain how I would apply past experience to the job. Mostly non-technical.

There were some behavioral questions sprinkled throughout, but mostly it was an assessment of soft skills and how deep systems engineering knowledge was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't get along with a team member or co-worker.   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cannon AFB, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Cannon AFB, NM) in August 2012.

Interview

Discussed military experience applicable to available positions. Discussed job opportunities within the NSAv Med program. Discussed supervisory and role within the logistics component of this program. Discussed benefits available and company policy regarding each benefit.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable would I be working with minimal supervision?   1 Answer

Associate Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process included both a phone interview and an in-person interview. I was able to meet with numerous individuals from different departments of the company which provided great insight into the overall position I was applying for. Be prepared to spend the majority of a morning/afternoon with their team, but it will be well worth it as you will gain more information than from most other interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about previous program/project management experience.   1 Answer

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon, without any kind of warning (no email ahead of time to schedule). The recruiter asked typical "preliminary interview" questions about my experience, and the call lasted about 35 minutes. But the interviewer did not paint a great picture of the company -- almost as if she was persuading me NOT to take a job there. "You know the commute will be bad from where you live, right?" "We don't offer flexible hours, so you'll be driving in rush hour." "We are very fast paced, and you will work a lot." "I used to be in XYZ industry, and I really miss it."