Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty quick basic phone interview. They like me and asked me to come up for an on-site interview. On site was informal and pretty easy. Standard interview questions, nothing too technical either.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions...strengths/weakness. Some basic engineering questions, but nothing complicated.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had the usual phone screen. A few days later I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 software engineers, reasonably technical. I was given a coding project and asked to complete it for the in-person interview. Maybe a week after that I was in CO for the in-person.

I really liked the environment and building, seems like a really cool place to work and their benefits 401k in particular were pretty good. While I appreciate how casual the environment seemed it was awkward having an interview in a suit and tie while the interviewers wore tee shirts and jeans. Generally they were pretty nice, we went over my code project and they seemed dismayed that the project took me longer to complete than their estimates. While we went over my code on a projector they kept asking me if there were better ways to do what I did and having me make changes. The part that was really frustrating was, I felt as though they expected me to read their minds and they would ask me questions then answer them for me before I really had a chance to think about what they were asking. All things considered I guess I just wasn't suited for them.

Interview Questions

• The usual OO concept stuff, what is polymorphism, what is a pointer, how to create something on the heap, difference between statically and dynamically typed languages.   Answer Question

Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2016.

Interview

Applied with resume. Was shortly called by HR to set up an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and was asked about specifics job experience. Best thing you can do is keep yourself confident but not full of yourself. Keep calm. Stress that you are looking for a culture fit first and foremost. Process was great. I heard back within a week

SNC Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV).

Interview

Best interview process I have had. Quick response after my resume was submitted and rapid follow up after a successful phone interview that lead to a site interview. I was offered the job within 2 days of my site interview and had all my documents completed 2 days later. My manager called me a few days before I started to check in and make sure I had everything I needed to have a successful first day, that was beyond anything I have experienced previously. Recruiting team were professional, very helpful and assisted in getting me the best contract.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relevant to my direct knowledge of the job, I met with several different small groups of people who all had different knowledge that they were interested in. Felt that they could get a good grasp of my work ethic and knowledge based on their interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. It was a panel interview with the department's senior software engineers and program managers. The interviewers that I was scheduled to meet with were out of town so I guess they just asked the rest of the department to jump in. We discussed the work experience and projects listed on my resume and the technology that I used. I was expecting a really technical interview (with your usual pop-quiz type algorithm/data structure questions) but was happily surprised when they just asked about my projects. They were interested in the languages and frameworks that I've used, testing procedures, and general web development knowledge. There were also a few soft questions about working in teams and management.

After acceptance of the offer, I had to undergo a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with [JavaScript/Python/C#/Software Testing/HTML/CSS] in relation to your projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was for an intern position so there was no negotiation phase.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone screen with the Recruiter followed by a phone screening with the program manager. Once there was an agreement that there was a potential fit, I was invited to a panel interview. The interview was with a senior technical staff member, a chief engineer, and the program manager. The questions were general and open ended but targeted enough and appropriate for the position I thought I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How did your project management experience help you as a technical SME and vice versa?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call the following week to schedule a phone interview. Interviewed with 3 lead engineers and a manager. They were all very friendly and seemed to be genuinely interested in my experiences. The questions were a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions. The technical questions were all based on things I had put on my resume and they asked me to explain further. I was not offered a second interview

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SNC?
      Tell us about your senior project
      Answer Question

Intern I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

On interview day, I spoke with the head of the internship program in his personal office. It was a very conversational dialogue rather than an interview. He gave me a very broad overview of the company and his own philosophy on how the internship should be taken. Since I am also a college student, I really liked the fact that he stressed that "School should always comes first, so if you need to work as low as 10 hours a week, that's fine with me." The dialogue was about 30 minutes and then he took me into an interview room and sat me down with two principal engineers and a program manager and then left. The next three hours I was talking to three members of the team that I would be working with as an intern. They went over my resume and told me what they found valuable in it. They looked through my listed skills and experience and asked how comfortable I was with each item as it pertained to their work. Most of the interview was them talking rather than I. Probably more than half of it was them talking about either their own position, the company, or what they look for in a candidate. The whole interview itself was more of a personality check to see if I could communicate and speak well and work well in a team. I also got the chance to ask my own questions to them which was nice. In my opinion, if you get to the interview stage, they find you qualified enough... you just need to show them that you have a constructive and approachable personality.

Interview Questions

• I see that you put down <resume item that you listed> on your resume? Can you tell me about that? How comfortable are you with that?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Easy. Does not require the 5 years experience they demand for these types of positions. On the day of the interview they were not prepared and the Human Resources Department did not seem to know I was scheduled in. Entering for the first time to an unprepared staff makes you wonder..

Interview Questions

• Why did you become a technician   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Conducted a 45 minute phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Was then notified of an on-site interview a week later. Conducted the on-site interview for 90 min. The on-site interview was attended by a senior director, systems engineer and HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a program where you struggled and what lessons did you learn.   1 Answer