Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.6

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Saw job posted online - Sent in resume to job ad - one-hour phone interview covering standard interview questions with team - 3 weeks later was made offer - no negotiations, accept what offered

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with training   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Arlington, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and submitted an online application. I found the evaluation process to be thorough but efficient. Multiple interviews to ensure good fit for company and candidate. Lots of email and phone outreach from HR to get interviews scheduled and provide status updates. Pleased that they were flexible with regard to the timing of interviews. After receiving and accepting an offer, I received a series of automated emails directing me to complete administrative documents, a surprisingly easy process. Professional and friendly people throughout. No complaints.

Interview Questions

• Normal background questions to identify the personal qualities and skill sets that might make me a good hire. Building to: "Why Sierra Nevada?" They were clearly looking for candidates who value innovation and getting things done for the customer.   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed by manager. Basic questions about your skill, experience, and Excel software is mostly used to perform tasks. The manager is very interested in what kind of book that you are reading since he is a self taught person who does not have a major degree.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial screen by HR and online behavioral assessment using Predictive Index.
    After successful completion, phone screen and in-person interviews were setup promptly. Group Interview with seven persons followed by 3 individual interviews followed by a site walk through.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using FPGA?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of working in a team environment   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

Friendly and direct questioning process, with questions about what value do you add to the "team" and what experience do you have with highly technical information/systems. Hiring person was respectful and good during interview. After the interview, though, no contact for several months not even to say the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about synergy and adding to the "team" of other directors and staff.   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Louisville, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

the interview was quick and pretty simple it didn't seem that the supervisors had a lot of knowledge of the job and didn't ask for me to demonstrate my skills I think if you can make up a good resume anyone can get a job here

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was largely informal, conference room setting with four other engineers. I was asked to detail through my resume and explain how I would apply past experience to the job. Mostly non-technical.

There were some behavioral questions sprinkled throughout, but mostly it was an assessment of soft skills and how deep systems engineering knowledge was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't get along with a team member or co-worker.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The process started with a phone interview. Next was the on site with a panel of possible coworkers. The phone interview was basically to make sure I was a real person. No real substantive issues were tackled. The on site a formal, with the manager and other team members. The atmosphere was relaxed and the manager was eager to see if I was a good fit. Technically minded questions were limited. They were interested in how I would interact with the team. I felt very comfortable throughout the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most successful professional experience?   Answer Question

Not willing to negotiate salary. The recruiter didn't even entertain the idea of negotiations. They said this is all we can do for you, and when I expressed my intent to negotiate they basically said oh well, and good luck...

They were asking me to take a 19% salary decrease for more work than I do at my current job, and more hours. I was willing to accept the travel requirements, but more work and a unreasonable salary offer! Come on HR! Get it together and offer a reasonable package to people who WANT to work for you. I still think this is a great company. But, they are going to fall out of favor and are currently experiencing extreme turnover due to dissatisfied engineers.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

A couple of weeks after submitting my application via the company website I received a phone call from the hiring manager. The phone screen was very informal and consisted primarily of him describing the ins and outs of the ABA program. At the end of our conversation he stated someone would reach out to me to schedule a face to face interview (these can be either on site or via skype; depending upon where you're located). My interview was conducted via Skype - there were the typical interview questions, but nothing too strenuous. At the end I had time to ask any additional questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working on a project and things did not go the way you planned. Describe what happened and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

I was called late in the afternoon, without any kind of warning (no email ahead of time to schedule). The recruiter asked typical "preliminary interview" questions about my experience, and the call lasted about 35 minutes. But the interviewer did not paint a great picture of the company -- almost as if she was persuading me NOT to take a job there. "You know the commute will be bad from where you live, right?" "We don't offer flexible hours, so you'll be driving in rush hour." "We are very fast paced, and you will work a lot." "I used to be in XYZ industry, and I really miss it."