Sierra Nevada Corporation Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Sierra Nevada Corporation

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Folsom, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Initially, I interviewed with several key managers within the business unit. Subsequently, I was called back to meet with a VP. Interview process was pretty laid back. I was not asked any traditional interview questions, i.e. tell me about a time when..., or what is your biggest weakness. Interview was focused on the skills required to do the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my relevant work experience and my background using automated business tools such as MS Project, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty much easiest interview ever. No formalities, no real interview questions.

Negotiation

Slow with recruiting. Had to bug the recruiter constantly for status updates.

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

A contact helped me get started with the process/application, and I was contacted within two days from submitting the application and resume. I had an initial interview approximately one week later, and then had a hiring interview approx three weeks after that via webcam and phone (The ISR Division of SNC is based in Centennial, CO). Part of the delay was determining how to conduct the interview, as I was not in the continental US. Normally, a third interview could be conducted on site, but I did not do this due to being OCONUS. I received initial clearance and drug testing paperwork about one week later. It took 1-2 weeks after that to negotiate the verbal offer, and I received the written offer another 1-2 weeks after that. Overall process took 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked standard program management questions; nothing difficult or unexpected. I did review 3-4 websites with program management interview questions (some had possible answers.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received what I asked for plus a sign-on bonus. I did ask to forego a benefit in place of additional bonus and recieved a partial concurrence.
    SNC already has a great benefits package and fantastic corporate climate. I'm excited to be part of the SNC family.

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Conducted a 45 minute phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Was then notified of an on-site interview a week later. Conducted the on-site interview for 90 min. The on-site interview was attended by a senior director, systems engineer and HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a program where you struggled and what lessons did you learn.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed twice by two high level managers. They spent 20 minutes describing the effort and the remainder of the hours was a Q&A about my experience and how much value I could add to the project. I found both interviewers to be very engaging and astute. I later found out that the panel was comprised of two high level managers which impressed me even further.

Interview Questions

• How soon could I begin and if I had any other questions?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

The experience was very start and stop over 2 months. There were 4 different coordinators/recruiters giving different information. They expected me to be flexible, while showing no flexibility on their part during the whole process. The experience may or may not be indicative of what it is like to work at SNC, but as a candidate there is no way of knowing. I would recommend that SNC tighten up their recruiting and HR processes to better represent themselves to candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to work with non-responsive people. (Ironic considering my experience.)   Answer Question