Sierra Nevada Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Nevada Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO).

Interview

Probably the shortest and to the point interview I've ever had. They didn't try to drill me with any technical questions and just asked me for some clarification on my skills listed on my resume. Interview was directly with the engineers that I would work with and my future boss. Due to the fact I went to school in another state the interview was via video and they offered me the position without a second round on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, just to talk about projects I had done in school and my proficiency with different languages.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sierra Nevada Corporation

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR 3 weeks later to schedule an interview. It was a panel interview with the department's senior software engineers and program managers. The interviewers that I was scheduled to meet with were out of town so I guess they just asked the rest of the department to jump in. We discussed the work experience and projects listed on my resume and the technology that I used. I was expecting a really technical interview (with your usual pop-quiz type algorithm/data structure questions) but was happily surprised when they just asked about my projects. They were interested in the languages and frameworks that I've used, testing procedures, and general web development knowledge. There were also a few soft questions about working in teams and management.

After acceptance of the offer, I had to undergo a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with [JavaScript/Python/C#/Software Testing/HTML/CSS] in relation to your projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was for an intern position so there was no negotiation phase.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Sparks, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a phone interview lasting a little under an hour. They asked the details of my resume, asked what kind of extra expierence I may have had, and asked me to detail a project that I had mentioned in my resume as much as possible. It seemed they were trying to test the waters to make sure I wasn't making it up but it was expected. The second interview was more like an introduction. I was led around the building, had flattering questions asked of me, nothing too in depth and there was no coding test, something that made me feel like finally my education and expierience can speak for itself. After this it was a number of weeks before I was working for them.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to diagram a specific function in a code I wrote, something that I was proud of making. They didn't require me to write down the code, just explain the logic. It surprised me that for a software engineering position I wasn't being overly and stupidly tested.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial call was with recruiter who based on an initial screen, was called to interview in person. Technical interview was very light ! No on the spot coding etc..general questions and explain on the board with a diagram type questions. There were some generic IP Networking questions about the IP protocol header; and high level questions on UNIX System calls

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficuly challenge you faced on any project   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straighforward negotation with Head of SF branch directly