Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products (Long Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied the job from Zotlink and they call me right away. The first interview was a few days after with the manager( all technical questions). The second interview is a week after with the CEO that and I got the offer. The process is really fast and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the MIS Manager. It was an hour long interview ehere the technical aspects of the programming language were covered. The resume and the projects were discussed in detail

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

- Sent my resume to HR
    - Got a call 5 days later to come in for a 1:1 interview with dept. Manager
    - Had 1st interview and was called for a 2nd interview 5 days later
    - Had 2nd interview and received job offer via e-mail 24 hours later.

-----------------------
    Great place to work, great company, great individuals and an awesome place to work at. Interview was also focused on measuring how well the candidate would fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• Simple question on basics of skills posted on resume. Know what you put on it! Straight to the point.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products.

Interview

Very straightforward, and interviewing with the ceo is a strong asset when deciding an employer. No trick questions--interest level questions and learning what interviewee knows about the organization.

Interview Questions

• None--just do company research so the organization knows you have initiative.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products in October 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online, through Ziprecruiter. Within 2 days, I received an email, inviting me to come in for an interview. On the day I arrived for the initial interview, I waited about 5 minutes for the hiring manager. The interview lasted about an hour. The hiring manager gave me an overview of the company and the position, and we discussed my relevant skills, and what I would be able to bring to the open position. We also discussed the next steps in the interview process. I felt that the hiring manager and I had a good rapport, and left feeling confident that I would be invited back for a second interview.

The second interview was with the department manager. This time the questioning focused more on my job history and past experience. We also spoke in depth about what the department manager was looking for, in the next person to fill the sales / customer service position. This interview also lasted about an hour. The department manager expressed his interest in me, and let me know that he would be speaking with the hiring manager, with his positive endorsement.

A few days later, I met with both managers. They expressed that they wanted to extend me an offer of employment. In the week and a half leading up to this interview, through information gained during my interviews, combined with my own research, I had come to the decision that Sierra Pacific Engineering and Products was a company that I could see myself with as a long-term employee. I accepted their verbal offer and waited for the formal offer to be emailed to me.

Interview Questions

• A good portion of the interview process was spent finding out as much about me as possible. Though I did not meet with the entire management team, the two people I met with went to great lengths to get to know me, to determine whether or not I would be a good fit with the rest of the personnel in the office. I liked that my interviewers were careful to find a candidate not only with the right skill set and experience, but one that would mesh with the rest of the team. I think that actually helped reinforce my desire to work for Sierra Pacific Engineering and Products.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was a very positive experience. My interviewer knew my previous salary and made me an offer after my second interview. I made a counteroffer, and within hours, we were on the phone, discussing the situation. From my two interviews, I was fairly certain that I wanted to accept the position. In our phone conversation, the hiring manager made it clear that he was willing to negotiate with me, because he felt that I was the right candidate for the position. We made a verbal agreement at the end of our conversation, and I received something in writing, the next day.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products.

Interview

The interview Process was great. Very personable interview. Got to talk more then just work, which made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. The interviewee was calm, collective, and asked exactly what he needed to know. Interview lasted about 45 minutes, I got a tour of the facilities, and they answered all my questions with out hesitation.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR regarding salary and experience. Received appointment time and date to come in. Initially had a screening interview to see if I was a right fit. Then interviewed with CEO, Vice President, and Purchasing Manager same day. Everyone was courteous, fair, and upfront with what they were looking for and what the pay would be.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products.

Interview

The interview process was executed with stress-free atmosphere . The interviewer's body language, attitude, thoughtfulness, and depth of answers and discussion added to an informal
    surrounding. Once hired, the process was welcoming and quick.

Interview Questions

• What don't you like about yourself and how would you try to improve on that.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

brief and interesting . basic DB questions.

But as described - IT programmer should avoid this company. Not worth wasting your time. You will never learn anything. This is a good manufacturing company but not for any IT Programmer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Pacific Engineering & Products.

Interview

When interview for this position I met with the president of the company and then later came back to meet with the manager over the department I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• meeting with both the president and the manager at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary