Sigma-Aldrich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sigma-Aldrich Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Within one week of submitting the application, I was called and invited to a three-hour interview on-site. I was surprised because typically there's at least a phone screen. The interview was with the research team, the team lead, and then finally with two members of HR. I felt the interview with the team was positive, but definitely not with HR. Right off the bat, one HR member shook my hand and said, "I remember you, we talked on the phone!"

No, we most certainly did not.

I didn't want to get caught in a lie (was he testing me?) so I said, "Are you sure? I don't think we did...I only applied last week, and I was scheduled for this interview by ____" (I told him the name of the person who set up my itinerary.)

He responded with, "Yes, I'm pretty sure I spoke to you."

The second HR rep said, "There's no way you could have gotten this far without a phone interview."

So someone screwed up. I must've been accidentally scheduled for an in-person interview. Unfortunately, it made me look like a complete idiot and that I had completely forgotten I'd spoken to someone over the phone - when in fact I literally never got a phone screen in the first place.

After that, the interview with HR was a little awkward, which I'm sure impacted the selection process, so I was a little miffed about that.

I understand that HR people may be completely swamped, but come on. I sincerely hope I didn't miss out on a job opportunity because of someone else's mistake.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about the role you've applied for and specifications that you've discussed with the team earlier today?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Madison, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back within a week for a phone interview. About 10 minutes in, I was asked what my current salary was. After providing this information and saying I was firm on not accepting a lower offer I was told thank you for your time and my resume would be put on hold. I received an e-mail less than 3 hours later inviting me to an onsite interview and a follow up call after that informing me the hiring manager was excited to meet me.

On site interview was a week later. Great manager and great team, basic interview questions with nothing out of the ordinary. Wrapped up the onsite with a debriefing with HR.

Received a call a little less than a week later informing me the salary range for the position was below what I had previously noted I would accept.

Great team, but terrible experience with recruiter. Wouldn't have accepted an offer even if I received a fair counter offer if recruitment/HR can't communicate effectively with the organisation.

Chemist I Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview

Applied on their website. Pretty long and filled out as much as I could about classes and labs pertaining to job. Received a phone interview and got a call back a week later for in person interview with two hr reps and then two plant supervisors. Questions were typical hr questions. With plant supervisors made sure to include experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

CSM Packaging Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through Kelly Services. Applied through Indeed. Took about a month to get an interview slot. The interview lasted fifteen minutes. It was a basic one on one interview with the supervisor. The supervisor sits you down and has a pre designed set of questions to ask. They then rate your answers and put small notes on the sheet. Finish with the closing spiel about it'll be a week before we make a decision.

Senior Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a talent acquisition representative that was mainly to gauge my interest for the job and review my background. About a week later was another phone interview with the positions manager. He explained in detail what the positions duties would be and asked more background questions. Lastly, I had an in person interview where I met with about 5 team members individually to discuss my background and answer some behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the Ideal Gas Law?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation where a team member does not participate in a group project?   1 Answer

Packaging Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

You must apply through a temp agency, Kelly Services, which then, will set up an interview with the supervisors on that specific shift. You will be meeting with one or two supervisors and then after you will be contacted by Kelly services if you got an offer or not

Interview Questions

• What are some PPE you have worked with or know of.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an internal contact; after months of waiting, my contact spoke with the hiring manager and I had a phone interview within a week. The in-person interview was a week later -- presentation of my recent research, followed by lunch, then a one hour panel interview. I was told the position was offered to another applicant within a week of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at a company like Sigma (with your background in academia)?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in June 2015.

Interview

Occurred in rounds with first a Phone Screen with HR, then if continued to next round a Phone Interview with direct report, then in-person interviews with HR / 3 levels of management in one day.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview

Series of phone interviews and one in person interview. Every was very pleasant and asked your typical behavioral interview questions. Most common question asked by all was why do you want this job? Not too difficult to answer, but definitely needs to be thought about. Job was offered by HR but hinted at through e-mails by hiring manager. All negotiations are through HR mediating between you and management.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich (New Haven, CT) in May 2015.

Interview

A few phone calls just to talk about your previous work experience and what you learned at school. There weren't any particular question about technical skills. They seemed to want to get a feel for how you work in a group.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about this project you worked on?   Answer Question