Signal Vine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signal Vine (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Well had a phone screen interview. Asked me few things about my resume and explained me the role. What I did not like or hated was the interviewer told me he will send me an email regarding second round which would be technical. However, when I checked my application status after few days it said not selected. They didn't even bother emailing or calling. A tip either say you will get back about the decision in few days, please don't say you will hear about the second and then you don't get back.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signal Vine (Alexandria, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was a four-step interview process. It was definitely one of the more challenging job application processes I went through. As it is a small company, they take their hiring really seriously. First was a phone screening with the team director, followed by a personality/skills assessment, then a skype interview with two members of the team. Finally, for the third round interview I came into the office to give a presentation and meet with a number of people in the company, including the CEO. Overall, it was a really informative process. I was able to get to know the company's work and culture really well through the course of a few weeks, and it was clear by the last interview that it would be a really great fit.

Interview Questions

• If you could do this presentation again, what would you change?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

Interview

Shorty after sending in my resume I received an email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and consisted of pretty standard interview questions. A day after my phone interview I was asked to participate in a virtual interview via Skype with a few team members. The Skype call lasted about an hour, and I received an email a few days later telling me that I was moving on to the final phase of the interview process, which consisted of a project and multiple in-person interviews with team members followed by a presentation of my assigned project. The project was basically creating a summary of an article relevant to what the organization does and creating a PowerPoint to present at the end of the interviews. Each in person interview was about a half an hour in length, and including the presentation, I would say the process took between 2 and 2.5 hours. One of the interviewers walked me out and told me that they would reach out to me by the beginning of the following week. I marked my experience as negative because no one ever reached out to me to tell me that I wasn't selected for the position. It has been months since my interview, so it is clear they went with another candidate, which is fine, but it only takes a few minutes to send a generic rejection email. After three separate interviews and a presentation, it just shows a lack of common courtesy to not send a quick email.

Interview Questions

• Question concerning comfort with domestic travel related to the position.   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signal Vine in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter via Glassdoor. I received a call a couple of days after my submission and was invited to do a brief phone screen with one of the directors.

The director asked simple salary questions and was only able to provide incredibly basic information -- nearly all of my questions regarding Signal Vine's plans and strategy were answered with, "That's a good question, you should ask the CEO." Realizing that this interview wasn't going to be terribly informative, I eventually dumbed-down my questions to things like, "How would you describe the culture?" I was told that I would hear something by the end of the week (which should have been two days).

A little over a calendar week later (facepalm), I received an email from the director indicating that the CEO would like to give me a call. In the email, my first name was misspelled and my phone number was incorrect (facepalm x2).

I had a pleasant, 30 minute conversation with the CEO. He told me that they were talking to other candidates (which is completely understandable), and said that he would let know in a couple of days whether or not they would move forward with me.

Well, after 2.5 weeks of complete radio silence, I withdrew my application from consideration. It's ironic to me that a small company that focuses on text messaging can't communicate a simple "We've decided to move in another direction," message. Nothing like a small company that acts like a corporate borg. ;)

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Signal Vine (Alexandria, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online on Sunday and received a call on Monday to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview on Tuesday. It was pretty standard and I was told the salary range for the role and I had disclosed that the range was a bit lower than I was currently making. I kind of regretted saying that so early on. Wednesday, I was invited to complete and Achiever personality/aptitude test and a writing sample. The Achiever test was kind of a lot and I never received any feedback on my performance. The writing sample was to compose an email to a customer based on a scenario in which an error was made. I submitted the writing sample on Friday and didn't get any feedback, but received an email later in the day inviting me in for an in person interview with the whole Customer Success team and to do a how-to presentation on an app of my choice. They wanted me to come in that Tuesday, but I wasn't available until the following Monday. I gave my in-person presentation to 7 or 8 people and then met with all of the Customer Success team in 3 pairs of 2 and each session was about 30 minutes. I thought the conversations went pretty well and it was nice to be able to meet potential colleagues as well as the manager. I do wish I had had some 1:1 time with the manager without a colleague present so I could ask more sensitive/private HR type questions. I was told at the end of the interview that I would hear back about next steps by the end of the week. On Thursday, the manager emailed me saying that interviews were actually going into early next week, so I would hear back about next steps then. I knew this wasn't a great sign and sure enough when I followed up the next Wednesday, I was then notified that I was not being offered the position. It was a great process in that everything moved quickly. Maybe a little feedback about the assignment and presentation portions may have been helpful for understanding how well I was doing throughout the process. Overall, though, I can't complain because I was in and out in less than 4 weeks, which probably would have been quicker had I been able to come in for the in-person interview sooner. I'd have been more bummed out if I had spent 3 months with them and then got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for the position?
      What is your organization style?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signal Vine in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process went quickly, even though it was a multi-step process. For the position I interviewed for, there was an initial phone screen, a writing sample, an achiever test online, and then the in-person presentation and interview.

The in-person interview was a great experience. Being able to see the office and how members of the team interact gave me insight into the company and how everyone works very collaboratively across the board. After my presentation to the entire Customer Success team, I spoke with the team in smaller pairs about my qualifications and interest in Signal Vine specifically.

Overall the process gave me an accurate idea as to what my daily work would look like within the company, and it demonstrated how dedicated the company is to bringing in people who are not only hard working and passionate, but who also enjoy their coworkers and have great work-life balance.

Interview Questions

• What will make you love coming to work at Signal Vine every day?   Answer Question

Vice President, CFO Interview

Interview

Interview process was very strange. Started with a normal screening phone call which led to a phone interview. However, after this things got strange. The company requires everyone to take a personality assessment. Once the assessment was complete they sent me a case study to prepare and present during an onsite interview. There was very little detail provided in the case study materials. Therefore, I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out how much of the business case I should make up for the sake of being able to present a meaningful presentation or if I should just make some basic assumptions. To me this was way too much work ahead of an interview and I almost considered not pursue. My guess is that they will lose some good candidates in the future if this continues. Overall though the team I met with was pretty decent. I only write this review to help management realize how their screening process may seem like a good idea will eventually hurt them down the road.

Interview Questions

• You work for a five-year old SaaS company named Silky which just completed a break-even 2017 with $5M in GAAP revenues across 250 customers and ended the year with $1.5M in the bank. The company has an 88% customer renewal rate, net negative churn of 110%, and would like to grow 50% in 2018.
      Making any assumptions you need to, build a three year forecast for the business. Be prepared to explain your model and the assumptions you made.
      Prepare a 5-10 minute presentation to the Board of Directors of your forecast and the related forecasted financials for 2018 including the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows. Also include any key business or SaaS metrics in your summary.
      You have also been told the board wants to know how trying to grow more aggressively (75%) would impact the cash needs of the business, so be prepared to discuss a more aggressive growth scenario with the board.   Answer Question

Signal Vine Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Operations

Thanks for the feedback on our interview process - this is all very helpful. Obviously hiring a finance executive is critical to get right, so we definitely went "all in" on the VP of Finance... More