Signpost Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Signpost Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Signpost

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. I wish there was more information the recruiters gave about the whole interview process such as the attire and names of the people interviewing me. The recruiter was very helpful and answered my questions promptly. Dress attire was business professional (some tech companies encourage business casual). The interview was a more on the casual side as apposed to structured. They’re ultimately looking for people with positive, gritty attitudes who have good personality.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you worked with a team towards a goal and accomplished it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Signpost

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in December 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening. Then an in person interview at the Denver office a week later. Definitely make sure you know information about the role and what Signpost does. I had 3 separate interviews in one day about one positions. Met with two sales managers and the director of sales. A lot of questions about your resume and past experiences. They really focus on what you say during your interview and then tailor questions around former answers that you've given. If you are able to think on your feet it really isn't that hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

I honestly don't know if the interview process was terrible or if this just wasn't a good fit, but I hated it.

First, I had a phone screen with the head of sales in Denver. He seemed really professional and told me the salary range I was expecting was perfectly on target with what they offer (I later found out this was a complete lie). He scheduled my onsite interview in Austin later that day and I was excited to come in.

This is when things started to get annoying and weird. I got one confirmation email that asked me to reply to it - attached to the email was a 3 page PDF document "detailing" what I should expect at the onsite interview. There was almost a full page outlining the mock pitch/coldcall portion of the interview, and there was so much information in this "guide" I got very nervous and prepared quite a bit. Between receiving that email and responding to confirm it and the date of the interview I received TWO MORE emails asking me to confirm that I would be attending the interview. Sketchy.

Once I got to the office, it looked dirty and poorly kept but I had been told up until this point, both directly and through the expectations set in the "guide" emailed to me, that I should dress my best. I was clearly overdressed for this interview, and immediately uncomfortable. All the confirmation emails I got said I needed to arrive at least 5-10min early which I did, however, I was made to wait until 10min after the scheduled interview time before we got started, meaning I waited 20min for no reason.

When I finally sat down with the interviewer, he talked about himself for a good 10min before asking me anything about myself. When it got to the mock pitch section, the instructions I was given made no sense and didn't even reference the "guide" I was told to study. As I gave it my best shot, the interviewer interrupted me multiple times to give me advice that didn't make any sense. After talking with him, another person took me over to a desk and basically watched me make cold calls for about 15min. At the end of this visit, I was invited back for a final interview and the manager scheduling it with me made a comment about me being overdressed. Rude.

When I came back in, I was only made to wait 5min to get started. This time, the manager who had set this meeting was interviewing me. I timed it and he talked about himself - including really personal details about his marriage and personal life - for 20minutes before asking me anything about myself. Instead of a true conversation, he asked me question after question without really transitioning between them or engaging with me. When it came time for me to ask him questions, each one of his answers was longer than 3min.

He made me a verbal offer at the end of the interview, but when I told him I needed time to think on it he was really rude and put a lot of pressure on me to say yes right away. I don't think that's professional, and especially since the salary he was offering was not at all what I was told at the beginning, it all seemed like they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes to get me to accept.

Overall a really uncomfortable process.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost.

Interview

I was reached out by Carolina, a member of the Recruiting Team. She always extremely helpful with quick responses via email. We had set up a time for a quick phone screening and it was an absolute pleasure. A 30 minute phone screening consisted of talking about the company in depth and clear day-to-day responsibilities for Sales Rep position. A few situational questions followed until I was offered an in-person interview and meet a couple of the sales managers with the opportunity to hop directly on the phone for a sales pitch. Extremely hands on with training provided and great company culture. Only negative is a low base salary.

Sale Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and two in person interviews with management. Be prepared to do a mock sales pitch and to jump on the phones. Final interview is with director of sales.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Smooth! It consists of phone interview and then on sight interview where you talk to managers and do a mock pitch and get on phones for 30 mins to show what u got!! 3rd and final interview is with the big guy.. Jeremy he runs the show and goes off ur overall performance and how he feels you’ve will be at the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I applied online, got a phone interview a few days later. Next step was in person interview with 2 different managers and doing some cold calling. I loved how easy it was to connect with the managers and it felt more like a conversation, rather than being drilled questions. The cold calling is easy! It also gives you a chance to see if you feel comfortable doing it or not. The cold calling will be monitored by one of the managers, so do not freeze, just read the script and relax you will do fine. Also you get to see for yourself how chill, comfortable and high energy the office is, I love it! The following week was the last interview in person. You have to prepare a mock sales pitch on a slideshow to pitch to the Sales Director. As long as you are over prepared, it is a piece of cake. I found the mock pitch to be easier than the interview with the Sales Director. They were all business and asked a very thorough and precise stream of questions in regards to education and work history, starting back from your high school experiences. I strongly suggest doing interview review so you are confident in your answers. It is a bit nerve wracking I can't lie, but my best advice to you is let your personality shine through in the interviews and be confident in yourself. They truly are trying to find people of the right fit for the company, and that might be you! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What were the highs of high school? What were the lows?   Answer Question
    • Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 on how well you did at your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

A phone interview with the recruiter then a meeting with a sales manager. Phone interview took around 20 mins and while the recruiter mentioned 1 to 1.5 hours... due to a company meeting mine was only 30 mins

Interview Questions

• You are asked to give a mock pitch.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your work experience ...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online, next day received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The next week I had an in person interview with a manager. They give you a script to practice before the interview. The manager asks a few questions then he has you practice the script with him. Afterwards they bring you on the floor and have you call a few people using the script they give you. 2 days later I was brought in for an interview with the director. That interview was 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      Why Signpost?
      What makes you want to get into sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO).

Interview

Recruiter reach out, phone interview with recruiter, 2 onsite interviews.

The first interview was very standard. Asking about why you would be a good fit, can you sell me an item in this room, and then they will have you do a live cold call.

The second interview is where my experience turned negative. The person who interviewed me prefaced the interview by saying it wasn’t the typical interview and he was going to ask in depth questions about my job history. He asked me to start at high school: Did you like high school? What did/didn’t you like about high school? What were your grades like? He then asked about how long I was in community college for, and how long it took me to get my BA once I transferred to a University. I was sitting there wondering if they would be asking those questions, especially about High School, to someone who looked a little older than me. I was then asked in depth about every job I’ve had since high school, which is fair. I don’t have a “perfect” history when it comes to jobs because I’ve had some unfortunate circumstances. One in particular where I was bullied in the workplace by a manager. I mentioned I was bullied, and wanted to leave it at that, but he kept prying. He wanted to know more about what said manager did. Thankfully I’ve had time to process what happened, but what if I hadn’t? PTSD is a very real possibility in workplace bullying situations, and his persistent questioning about the experience could have triggered unresolved emotions. I realize I should have stood my ground and told him I wasn’t comfortable answering certain questions, but in the moment I thought I was doing the right thing by speaking my truth. When the interview ended, the energy had completely shifted and I knew that was the end of that.

I understand my experience is unique, but I wanted to share this in case someone else is thinking of applying, and has a less than “perfect” job history.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: Can you sell me an object in this room?   Answer Question
    • 2nd interview: How did you like High School? How were your grades?   Answer Question