Sikorsky Interview Questions in Connecticut | Glassdoor

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Hartford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a day before the interview cocktail. Next day went to the manufacturing plant, and was interviewed by 2 engineers. No technical questions, no hr questions. More like a casual conversation. Will see where it goes in a couple of weeks.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a member of the department to ask if I was interested in a phone interview. Phone interview happened within a week and was then invited to travel to the company for an in person interview with flight, hotel, and rental car paid for. Was met at the front door and introduced to the team leader, had a technical interview session with several of the head engineers, and was taken for a tour of the factory before lunch and a tour of some of the facilities.

IT SAP Analyst- Estimating Systems With Sikorsky Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stafford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone call to discuss job requirements, candidates experience and skills. The job specs required experience in 5 different SAP modules (MM, PP, SD, CO, CO) and ABAP programming which no one has. I have hands-on experience in SD, CO & PC ..yet the interviewer said i did not have a technical background.

Interview Questions

• How far do you live from Sikorsky   1 Answer
    • Do you know SAP MM & PP   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

They asked me to wear business formal. Lasted 5 hours. Multiple interviews throughout the day including a plant tour. I had one-on-one interviews and panel interviews. I spoke to managers in different departments within the manufacturing division. I interviewed with them in person before this so it didn't seem too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a project that didn't go as planned?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked alot of questions about what skills i had and my availability.They also asked me about my hobbies and where i wanted to be in 5 years. it was a typical intern interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you know IBM doors well?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT).

Interview

Screened by recruiting firm. Then phone interview with Sikorsky executive. Then site interviews (2 panel interviews).

Panel interviews were pretty casual, more like a free-flowing discussion than a structured interview. Both interviews were nonstop interruptions with people entering and leaving the room, including the panelists. That seems to be part of Sikorsky's culture -- their meetings are free-for-alls, or at least so said their chief engineer (quite proudly) and a program director.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone call interview. It seemed tough and I didn't feel great about it after, but I ended up getting the job. A few weeks later I received an email with salary information and the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue working in a team?   Answer Question

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting.

Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well.

Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set.

One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting.

So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Whole process took two weeks, though nothing was ever on time. From the first phone call to the actual interviews.
    Spoke with the HR lackey, then the hiring manager, things appeared to have gone well. Then went in for the in-person interviews. That was a whole production that wasn't necessary since it involved at least 25 other candidates. They did this whole presentation, videos, plant tours, even provided lunch. That was a bit too much.....thought that was something you did after making the offer.
    Actual interview was ok, seemed very scripted and they were just going through the motions. Only real meaningful part was when the actual IT guy had some discussions around the position, expectations etc. It all seemed to go well.

Then zero follow up. Thats the one part that should have been the red flag even from the initial interviews. No follow up email, no updates, not even the automated email. I don't think some HR people realize they are also being observed / interviewed, they seem to turn themselves into a brick wall between the organization and the public. Needless to say I was turned off and tried to follow up. The response was flat...."no updates at this time". The lady just seemed very standoffish but then again perhaps that's the culture there.

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

They first brought us into a big conference and the HR people gave us a presentation (3 of us). Then they called us in one at a time for interviews. I interviewed with two different managers and had lunch with other interviewees. After lunch some real estate people gave us a presentation. Then they took us on a tour of the plant. I never heard back from Sikorsky either way after spending 6 hours and writing email inquiring about status. They are laying people off in CT so maybe that's why...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sikorsky? Asked mostly about resume.   Answer Question