Sikorsky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sikorsky Interview Questions

2.6

IT SAP Analyst- Estimating Systems With Sikorsky Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stafford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone call to discuss job requirements, candidates experience and skills. The job specs required experience in 5 different SAP modules (MM, PP, SD, CO, CO) and ABAP programming which no one has. I have hands-on experience in SD, CO & PC ..yet the interviewer said i did not have a technical background.

Interview Questions

• How far do you live from Sikorsky   1 Answer
    • Do you know SAP MM & PP   1 Answer

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting.

Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well.

Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set.

One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting.

So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Whole process took two weeks, though nothing was ever on time. From the first phone call to the actual interviews.
    Spoke with the HR lackey, then the hiring manager, things appeared to have gone well. Then went in for the in-person interviews. That was a whole production that wasn't necessary since it involved at least 25 other candidates. They did this whole presentation, videos, plant tours, even provided lunch. That was a bit too much.....thought that was something you did after making the offer.
    Actual interview was ok, seemed very scripted and they were just going through the motions. Only real meaningful part was when the actual IT guy had some discussions around the position, expectations etc. It all seemed to go well.

Then zero follow up. Thats the one part that should have been the red flag even from the initial interviews. No follow up email, no updates, not even the automated email. I don't think some HR people realize they are also being observed / interviewed, they seem to turn themselves into a brick wall between the organization and the public. Needless to say I was turned off and tried to follow up. The response was flat...."no updates at this time". The lady just seemed very standoffish but then again perhaps that's the culture there.

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

They first brought us into a big conference and the HR people gave us a presentation (3 of us). Then they called us in one at a time for interviews. I interviewed with two different managers and had lunch with other interviewees. After lunch some real estate people gave us a presentation. Then they took us on a tour of the plant. I never heard back from Sikorsky either way after spending 6 hours and writing email inquiring about status. They are laying people off in CT so maybe that's why...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sikorsky? Asked mostly about resume.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Began with brief phone screen, pretty informal. A few days later I was asked in for in-person interview. I began with an HR Generalist and the Operations Head, then I was toured around by the dept manager. Whole process took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty standard interview questions, including, "what was the most recent kaizen event you led and what was the result?"   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

I was inviting to Sikorsky's Super Day and was pretty shocked that the interview was with a group (O&R) who explicitly told me over the phone that other parts of the company would be more in line with my skill-set. The majority of the day was just being shown around and told the benefits of the company with one 45-minute period of questions that were not technical in nature. It was not unexpected when I was not offered a job as I was once again told the same thing by the same person who interviewed me by phone. The whole experience was seemingly a pointless exercise for both parties involved and I was expecting to be interviewed by someone else.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone not fulfilling their duties?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sikorsky in July 2014.

Interview

Surprisingly little formality to the process. For an all-day visit, I was not given any agenda before or upon arriving. Interview was largely haphazard meetings with team members. I'm reviewing primarily to note their delay in reimbursing travel expenses. It's been a month already and I'm told it will be at least 2 more weeks. While inquiring about this I learned that my only contact was out-of-office for 2 weeks without providing a delegation contact, and my inquiries elsewhere in the company led nowhere, as they said they had no access to my expense info because I wasn't an employee. This and their use of outdated paper forms did not inspire confidence in their internal processes.

Ace Gold Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Consisted of a phone call. Later I learned the position was cancled

Interview Questions

• Questions on ACE Gold. Program was essentially internally created and there was very little on the net about the program   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

There was a hiring post on my university website for a Summer/Fall Co-op. They asked to submit a resume on the site and their own site. I got an email asking for a phone email and a there was a phone conference set up. In the phone conference, I was interviewed for three different internships, system engineering, operational management, and risk management. They basically went through my resume and asked me to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was which type of person are you, a system planner or system implementer.   Answer Question

Lead Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Wappingers Falls, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Nice people. Straight forward interview based more on behaviorial questions than technical.