Sikorsky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.5

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a member of the department to ask if I was interested in a phone interview. Phone interview happened within a week and was then invited to travel to the company for an in person interview with flight, hotel, and rental car paid for. Was met at the front door and introduced to the team leader, had a technical interview session with several of the head engineers, and was taken for a tour of the factory before lunch and a tour of some of the facilities.

Production Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Coatesville, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

applied for job and went in front of 4 managers. Was interviewed in November however didn't get in the position until January of the following year. Very slow process and took a long time to receive some training.

Interview Questions

• About my manager experience and why I thought I qualified.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me how much I would make. Didn't get to negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Bridgeport, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

Started process through a head hunter. Went to a hiring event and had initial interview Received on site interview date 2 weeks later. Met with 5 managers 4 weeks later i received an offer for three different positions. Spoke with e act of thre hiring managers to get a better understanding of the jobs and finally picked PM role.

Interview Questions

• How do you get people to do what you want.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much option for pay discussion. Received a sign on bonus instead.

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting.

Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well.

Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set.

One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting.

So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

Supply Management- Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

One day intensive review process at the time I was hired. I was interviewed by Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents in one day. Was offered the position two days later. I was interviewed that day as part one of five candidates. From what I could tell, 3 of us were offered and accepted the position.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, then one on one with direct, manager, then analyst. Came back to meet the VP

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in January 2009.

Interview

30 mins with the hiring supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not flexible.

Finance Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky in September 2009.

Interview

The first portion was a phone interview. Next there was a 1:1 interview, which went well. Approximately 1 week later, I had a round of interviews within the finance arena, right up to the CFO. I found it refreshing that every Finance person who is hired must meet the CFO. I cannot think of any other company I have ever interviewed for where I met with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• Primarily interested in ethics. If you are not interesting in maintaining your professional integrity and having the hightest ethical standards, this is not the company for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are interested in furthering your education, take this into consideration. Most master's degrees can cost up to $100K. They pay for everything, including books, and they do it up front. I have never seen this type of commitment to employee development.

Tool Crib Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Coatesville, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Application was on line ,then a Personnel interview with Manger walked the plant and interviewed with workers and Personnel Had Background check questions and Drivers / Passport check was asked about tools and computer skill also asked when I was available

Interview Questions

• what do you think make a good emeplyee   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Hartford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a day before the interview cocktail. Next day went to the manufacturing plant, and was interviewed by 2 engineers. No technical questions, no hr questions. More like a casual conversation. Will see where it goes in a couple of weeks.