Sikorsky Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.5

Aircraft Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Straight forward interview.( Telephone only) Panel of 4 members of the aircraft manager team including the lead manager. Took awhile to actually start work. Long process.

Interview Questions

• all straight fwd question on aircraft expierence and number of people I have supervised   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR to set up an phone interview with supervisor. Interview lasted approximately one hour. Mostly personality/behavioral questions and review of resume, asking for additional information about experience. Interviewer carried the conversation for the most part and was very easy to talk to. Also included description of company and position. Waited about 1 week for offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very competitive compensation and benefits for intern.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

There was a hiring post on my university website for a Summer/Fall Co-op. They asked to submit a resume on the site and their own site. I got an email asking for a phone email and a there was a phone conference set up. In the phone conference, I was interviewed for three different internships, system engineering, operational management, and risk management. They basically went through my resume and asked me to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was which type of person are you, a system planner or system implementer.   Answer Question

Lead Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Wappingers Falls, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Nice people. Straight forward interview based more on behaviorial questions than technical.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Coatesville, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a panel interview with a direct manager, an overall manager, and two coworkers. They all took turns asking me questions, pretty much a review of my resume and general office skills. There was some behavioral questions, how I would react if this or that happened. After the interview they took me on a tour of the plant and then I had a one on one with the direct manager. Here she talked more with me on what I was expecting in the position and gave me an overview of the benefits offered.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "Why do you want to be in this role?"   Answer Question

The distance from my home to the office was the deciding factor.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sikorsky in June 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was detailed in its requirements and rather straightforward. There was banter and a questions on have I done this or done that. There was also one or two on role playing. If you were faced with this situation what would you do? All and all it went well and they hired me without a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were faced with an irate customer what would you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a per diem splt for first year

Mechanical Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, it is pretty much just a resume drop for the time you can work for them (IE summer, fall, spring) as a student. Got a screening call in April asking about my experience and explaining the position to me, asking about my interest in the position. Was about a 10 minute phone call. A week later got a call, asking me a bit more about myself, and experience, pretty much an informal interview. The week after I got an email with an offer of employment to start in May.

Interview Questions

• Just was asked questions about projects I worked on and software I used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was given a very good pay rate for a CoOp, did not negotiate. Offers are given based on your status in school. (IE. Junior, Senior, Grad Student)

Product Support Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive and covered presentation skills, logical thinking, and engineering knowledge. They asked me to create a powerpoint and consolidate information similar to the information I would be working with on the job. I was prepared for this interview by the staffing agency that connected me.

Final Assembly Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with several Managers. Great tour of the floor. Met other supervisor and Managers. Met with Human Resources. Walked through different departments. I was showed different operations in different departments.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2012.

Interview

Group style interview process if you come through a career fair, gauntlet style if referred (based on my experience and co-workers input). Initially, a phone screening, followed by a in person interview. You will be shown around the plant. The process will take all day, therefore you will eat there (food is free).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral style questions. All the basic style questions.   Answer Question