Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed first on-campus. Was invited to fly up to the Palo Alto office for a full day of interviews about a week or so later. Mostly behavioral interviews all along--asked about resume, prior experience, and interest in SVB/banking. On-site interview also had a 45-min writing sample.

Interview Questions

• What is an app on your phone that you recently downloaded and would recommend to me (the recruiter) and why?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Online webcam interview that you submit; a follow-up interview with recruiter on the phone for 30 minutes; invitation to all-day interview at office where you meet with 5 current employees/directors, complete a 45 minute writing sample, and have a meal out with 2 current program associates. The entire interview process took 3 weeks to coordinate schedules and interviewing times.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring that is may be different from other candidates? How do you feel about working over-time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, video interview, didn't hear back for a couple of months. Then I applied again because they re-opened the app, and I did a video interview and 2 phone interviews. Didn't hear back and when I followed up, the recruiter said they moved forward with someone else. Had a great first phone call with the recruiter and really felt like he was advocating for me. The second call was rushed, very abrupt, and the interviewer seemed disinterested. Bummer how one person's mood can affect your chances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their career website. Was contacted by a recruiter two weeks later to set up a phone screen the following week. Phone screen went really well. Super nice guy and he moved me on to the video interview. I'm pretty bad at video interviews so didn't go too well. Submitted it anyway. It took SVB 5 weeks to get back to me with a rejection email after I was originally told I would only have to wait a week. I kept following up and they kept setting deadlines that they consistently did not follow through on. Seems like a great program but my impression was that they really do not value candidate's time and feelings. Very rude and unprofessional, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other candidates?
      Explain a time you failed.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

They care a lot more about your cultural fit than whether or not you have a finance background. You will meet with current associates for a lunch, then will have 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring managers as well as directors of some of the teams.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very friendly, but professional. They definitely stress good culture and promote work-life balance. Everyone I talked to was extremely kind. First round was a phone interview, second round was a video recording for behavioral questions, and the last round was in the Palo Alto office. The office visit lasted from 10-4, and after meeting with about 10 people there was a 45 minute writing sample.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then online video interview which you record yourself. Phone interview was pretty standard, asking about your background and why you are interested in the position. Video interview was kind of stessful as you need to record yourself at home. Need to dress in business attire during the recording. Standard behavioral questions.

Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

A few phone interviews. A video that was the worst experience of my life. In-person interviews with a bunch of friendly bankers.

Overall, the interview process was relatively painless. Seemed like management is more concerned about a culture fit than anything else. If you have the grades and experience to show that you're smart and capable, you just have to prove that you are likable in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 5 apps you have on your phone?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in technology?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The Associate Development Program pays a non-negotiable sad $54k base salary.