SilkRoad Technology Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SilkRoad Technology (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Perhaps because I was referred by a friend who is an employee or because my resume showed that I clearly had the desired experience, no telephone interview was required. Over the course of 2.5 hours, I interviewed with 5 employees, including the hiring manager, the head of development, the lead engineer, and two potential team mates. The lead engineer did ask a question that exposed the biggest weakness in my experience, but he seemed satisfied with my response that I had worked in similar areas and that technical writing is, by definition, about learning new software.

Interview Questions

• "I don't want to talk about your resume, so just tell me what you think I should know that isn't on it."   1 Answer
  • How do you go about documenting Web Services?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Immediately after the interview, the hiring manager offered me the job. The salary was competitive, even perhaps on the high side to make up for slightly sub-par benefits. There was really nothing to negotiate except the start date and my need for a bit of time off within the first couple of months. The company has a very flexible PTO policy, and I'm confident that my manager and I will handle my need to be out of town when the time comes.