Silliker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silliker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.5

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silliker.

Interview

The interview consisted of basic questions about my previous work history and highlighting my skills. The position needed someone with a science background so mentioning what you've done in laboratory for grad requirements should help.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silliker.

Interview

There was a preliminary interview with a supervisor, which included questions about why I found the job interesting, what I could bring to the role, and some technical questions specific to microbiology. This interview was followed by a "working interview" where I shadowed current employees, attempted some of the more basic tasks to verify that I was capable of executing them, and was given the chance to see what a real working day was like. This also gave the company a chance to see how I might fit in and how I caught on to direction. I think the working interview was a great tactic on Silliker's part and positive experience on mine.

Interview Questions

• Can you define Aseptic Technique?   1 Answer

Micro Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was very simple basic easy questions just practice common questions like what is your best attribute. Dress nice come prepared and you will probably get hired not too many requirements to work there

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Silliker in September 2015.

Interview

I met with two people, one at a time. I had to ask my questions first then my interview would ask questions. Met the second interviewer and repeated. took a tour of the lab and was contacted with in the week. Other than a nervous rough start the interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Silliker?
      Do you know who the competitors are?
      were do you plan to be in 5 years/ 10 years?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silliker.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different people. First, interviewed with Customer Service manager and a representative. They asked more general questions about my career/education etc. Second interviewed with the other Customer Service manager and a senior customer service rep. Questions were a little more specific to my knowledge of the company. Finally met with the director of Customer Service who asked more personal questions to try and get to know my work style.

Senior Chemistry Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silliker.

Interview

I got a phone call that seemed like a quick interview, and was offered a traditional interview. THe interview process took about and hour and a half that included a tour and then the interview. I talked with four different supervisors.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Silliker (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

An initial phone call turned out to be a phone interview. I showed up to the interview and there was nowhere to park. I was buzzed in by the secretary and then left to sit in the waiting area for 15 minutes. Then I was interview by 2 guys in a conference room with various old pieces of equipment, phones, computers, etc. before being pawned off on a couple of employees to ask and be asked questions while they were working. One of the interviewers responded "Affirmative!" to just about everythign I asked and overall seemed very robotic. On the phone they said that the hours would be 10am-8 or 9pm just temporarily while they got caught up. When you get there, you'll find out that those are the permanent regular hours. Samples for testing come via various shippers by 10 and so much of the work cannot start until then. They said I would hear something in 2-3 days. I did not hear anything for exactly 30 days. I would have been massively overqualified, underpaid, and probably the oldest person there by 5 years. If you want any semblance of a life outside of work, stay far, far away from Silliker.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the hours?   1 Answer

Microbiology Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Silliker in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day or so. The HR person seemed professional and was clear about the job responsibilities and whatnot. After asking me a few questions, she asked me to come to their lab in Crete so she could interview me.

I got there and told the receptionist I had an interview with the HR lady. She was polite and asked me to sign in and take a visitors badge. A few minutes later, a guy I'd never talked to came out and greeted me. As he led me inside, he called me by a name that wasn't my name, and I learned later that he'd pulled the wrong resume or something. He gave me a brief tour of the facilities. Everyone I saw had a sort of grim look about them.

Eventually he printed out my correct resume and brought me into a room with broken office supplies, with another supervisor who looked equally grim. The first guy spent the next few minutes skimming through my resume and occasionally asking a question about something he came across. My prospects didn't seem very promising at this point, but I answered as best I could.

Eventually they got up to leave and told me that the lady I'd originally talked to would be in to interview me in a few minutes. I sat and waited for a while, and eventually he came back and told me that she was in a meeting or something and wouldn't be able to meet with me, but at least we'd talked on the phone, right? He told me I would probably get a call in a week or so after they'd finished reviewing other candidates.

From the awkward and disorganized experience at the laboratory and only a brief initial conversation with the hiring manager, I wasn't surprised that they never called.

Interview Questions

Interview

The hiring process was quick. The interview was scheduled for the same week as I submit my application. The interview process seemed quick too, it was very informal, I actually felt out of place dressed in a suit. The job was offered to me conditionally as soon as my interview was completed pending my background check. All together it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silliker.

Interview

Very easy and straight to the point