Silver Spring Networks Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Silver Spring Networks

3.3

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process included phone screen first with recruiter then with hiring manager. This is followed by 1st round on-site, then 2nd round on-site. The interview process wasn't that difficult, it was to understand my background/experience, my communication/interpersonal skills and how I handled certain work situations. Once completed, the veral offer came within 2 days.

Other Interview Reviews for Silver Spring Networks

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me.
    Their Linkedin job postings are very deceptive. The posting claimed they were looking for "Technical Leads". When I got onsite, the hiring manager said that was normal verbiage when they were looking for Senior Engineers. Nothing in the role would be about leadership.
    Most of the questions could have been found in any Java interview prep site. One of the interviewers was just too academic in his software engineering/OS questions - I wonder if the other managers/directors would know the stuff he was asking.
    I almost got the job but my emphasis on a larger role resulted in a no-offer.

Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in February 2012.

Interview

1st contact: Spoke with the hiring manager via phone, he was great.
    2nd contact: Spoke with the hiring manager via pone, he asked technical questions.
    3rd contact: @Facility: 1/2 hour presentation, followed by technical questions by 5 engineers.

Interview Questions