Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Silver Spring Networks

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in April 2014.

Interview

Ask many things in resume, the most complex project you have done, draw the system design graph, ask other projects in resume, detailed technical issues. Implement Maximum Subarray in 10 minutes, ask some machine learning methods.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks.

Interview

Usual stuff. HR phone interview, follow by technical phone screen interview, follow by onsite interview. Onsite lasts half a day. Afterward, received an offer via email the day after.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview last for about 40 minutes, the question they ask is not very hard, mostly basic Java questions. Also need to write some code but not very difficult too, after writing the code they will let you improve it.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string in Java and improve the algorithm.
      basic Java syntax   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

In house recruiter contact me for an interview.
    Spoke with the manager on my background and past experiences.
    Scheduled for onsite interview.
    Spoke with a panel of about 5 people.
    Spoke with 1 product manager, 2 engineers, 1 UI designer/engineer, 1 QA engineer.
    Some technical questions from UI to data structures.
    Made an offer the same day.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

They ask me sth about the basic knowledge about java and data structure and alg, and than they will give you a similar leetcoade question, its about the string and tree. and ask you whether you can improve your alg. And they will descirbe some team jobs and who will corking together.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Escondido, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews where I met three people at each interview after meeting them at a job fair. Very relaxed and informal interviews. They asked some standard interview questions like the strengths/weaknesses question and asked questions that arose from my resume, particularly related to previous projects. They were interested in getting a sense of who you were as a perosn to work with before getting into the technical aspect, so we talked about our shared alma mater, physics, and star trek.

Interview Questions

• They had specially tailored questions related to electricity and gas usage of a customer over time. The questions revolved around estimating a supposed under-charged customer and how you would infer from the data, maybe collect more data first, and/or make the estimate more accurate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Hour long phone screen after meeting recruiter in person. They asked some basic questions and got an idea of who I was and what I know. There was no way to get the position without meeting the recruiter face to face, which explains the relative ease of the interview.

Months later, there was a phone screen. It simply checked to make sure interns were able to handle growth at the work place. A number of topics were covered, so it was helpful to be well rounded.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the data structure with constant access?
      2. What is TCP/IP?
      3. Explain the differences between C and C++?
      4. What are some projects you worked on, and what are the challenges you faced while working on it?

There were others, but they followed a relatively basic format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Flat pay rate.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a career fair. They offered me a job on the spot and said they would contact me within the next week with an offer. About a month later, I got a call asking if I was still interested in the position and was told I needed to interview with a higher up manager. It was a straightforward technical interview. I don't remember the exact questions he asked, but they were generally about the engineering projects I had done. There were a few questions about electrical engineering components. I spoke with a few other people in the company. They all seemed to be confused about the position. Some of them said it was for the summer, some said it was for right now, and some said it would start in a few months.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience you have with electrical engineering design   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in June 2013.

Interview

Extensive. Many phone interviews, in-person interview, and a trip to Corporate headquarters for another round. This process lasted months. Each interview covered the same information as related to past experience and this went on and on. During my visit to Corporate Headquarters, I had 5 interviews from employees ranging from project managers to a VP. All were pretty much the same and left me wondering what the Company was looking for?

Interview Questions

The process of getting an offer took so long, that I was able to interview with another firm, get an offer, relocate, and start my new position by the time SSN made the offer!

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Tampa, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

The found me. The initial contact came through connections I had online. It was an initial call to test to see if I was interested. I did some research on the company, then called back with interest. An initial screening with the recruiter took place, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. While that was happening, they were also scheduling an onsite meet and greet with the team, and later scheduled 5-6 half-hour phone interviews with people throughout the organization.

The interview process, in general, was pretty lengthy. Lots of people to talk with, lots of scheduling. Since they had folks throughout the country, and I had a full time job, the process was a bit more complicated than I thought it needed to be.

They are looking for very specific personality traits and specific experiences to make sure you fit into their culture. I got along well with all of the interviewers.

The one concern I had with the interviews was that they were scheduled for 30 minutes, often by phone, and they would call late and want to end on time. That didn't leave much time for me to ask questions and getting clarifications. That meant, after an offer was ready, I had to slow them down and go back and ask a bunch of clarifications afterward.

I did end up declining their offer. I felt bad about it, and do feel like I missed an opportunity. It just wasn't the right time since my wife and I just found out we were pregnant.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward, so I don't have anything to add here.   Answer Question

Yes, I got an offer. I did decline, reluctantly. I only wish the offer could have waited a few more weeks.

First, for someone like me, this is a PERFECT company. Technical, progressive, focused on "green" initiatives, and also small enough to be agile and flexible. I really, really wanted to work for them and really liked their personality.

The one thing that held me back was the potential for lots of travel and, potentially, having no local job after the contract with our local energy company is up. My wife is pregnant, and even though I really wanted to work for Silver Spring, I couldn't risk not being there or having to travel a lot. t the time I couldn't tell them we were expecting, so I think they probably thought I was someone who wasted their time. That's truly not the case.

I really hope to work for these folks in the future. I wanted to when they made the offer, but my life circumstances just didn't allow for it.