Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.9

Interview

Call with the Recruiter. Then phone interview with Hiring Manager. called for onsite interview with business users and team. I was asked to stay for little longer to talk to another Manager who was not included in initila list of interviewers.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

in front of a few people and each asked technical questions. It seemed like each person worked at the company for many years and weren't trying to trick you! Very friendly and positive experience. I got a chance to ask questions about the job as well.

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Met with 5 interviewers on site. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes and was a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interviewers were part of the revenue team, and it seemed like the team was very new.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience in auditing/accounting in revenue transactions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks.

Interview

Algorithms and coding tested. Experience analyzed. Around 7 people interviewed. It went on from morning to evening and no break was offered.Covered on experiences, coding, algorithms, etc. Around 6 rounds of coding.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone interview with recruiter I was called back to come in and interviewed with 4 individuals in one day. From current job holder to the VP who is hiring for support position.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, did an in person interview with two team members in Chicago, and after a week did a Phone interview with someone in California, the next week I was about to do another phone interview with another team member in California but the recruiter called and cancelled it, said they froze the hiring of all positions and they doing some company shake ups and changes.

Interview Questions

• Questions about current daily work tasks and how they relate to this position, linux questions, tools they are using and how familiar I'm with it (Like Nagios), Incident management process.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the recruiter in few days. The recruiter had few pre-screen technical questions before she forwarded the profile to the hiring manager, hence the initial call with the recruiter lasted for about 45 minutes. She also asked me about my project, and why I was looking for a change and also discussed what the company is expecting in the role and also what it has to offer in terms of work and technologies.

Following this I got an email in a few days from the recruiter saying that the hiring manager liked my profile and wanted to chat further. A phone screen was arranged with one of the architects in the team. The interview was an hour long which ranged from design questions, core java technical questions, and also a small coding exercise in an online tool like codepair. I had a positive feeling about this interview and the architect confirmed that she would like to invite me to their office for a set of onsite interviews.

The recruiter then asked me about my availability and scheduled a 4-5 hour visit to their campus for a set of 5 interviews.
    In general the interviews were mostly technical and involved white-boarding and coding questions and core java concepts throughout. I was asked design questions related to the job I had applied for and also testing strategies, junits, mocking etc. The last interview was with the hiring manager, where he tried to gauge my fitment into the team, discussed my projects and also provided a broad overview about the team, the work etc.

In general, I felt I had done reasonably well, and could sense the same from the expression of the interviewers. The next day the recruiter mailed me saying that the interview team was really happy with my performance and wanted to extend an offer to me, we negotiated a bit and I got the salary I was expecting. So, no complaints :)

Overall a very enriching experience!

Manager Interview

Interview

It was the typical interview process. I met with a few people in the various organizations I'd be interacting with and with people within the department. Within the department I met with my potential manager, and others more junior I'd be working with. Some of the interview was 1 on 1 and some was with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to tell them about my job duties at my current company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Escondido, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews where I met three people at each interview after meeting them at a job fair. Very relaxed and informal interviews. They asked some standard interview questions like the strengths/weaknesses question and asked questions that arose from my resume, particularly related to previous projects. They were interested in getting a sense of who you were as a perosn to work with before getting into the technical aspect, so we talked about our shared alma mater, physics, and star trek.

Interview Questions

• They had specially tailored questions related to electricity and gas usage of a customer over time. The questions revolved around estimating a supposed under-charged customer and how you would infer from the data, maybe collect more data first, and/or make the estimate more accurate.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screen by recruiter (30 min)
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager (45 min) - General questions eg. Tell me about yourself, what you worked on, why are you looking to change jobs etc
    3. On site interview with 5 interviewers - Sequential 45 min sessions, standard questions, nothing fancy.
    4. HR follow up was awful. I was told the decision making process after on site interview was quick, a couple of days. When I followed up after 2 days I was told that he will get back to me. A week later I followed up and no response. 3 weeks later I followed up again and was told they have decided not to make an offer. Not sure why this process can take this long.