Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silver Spring Networks Interview Questions

2.9

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, did an in person interview with two team members in Chicago, and after a week did a Phone interview with someone in California, the next week I was about to do another phone interview with another team member in California but the recruiter called and cancelled it, said they froze the hiring of all positions and they doing some company shake ups and changes.

Interview Questions

• Questions about current daily work tasks and how they relate to this position, linux questions, tools they are using and how familiar I'm with it (Like Nagios), Incident management process.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the recruiter in few days. The recruiter had few pre-screen technical questions before she forwarded the profile to the hiring manager, hence the initial call with the recruiter lasted for about 45 minutes. She also asked me about my project, and why I was looking for a change and also discussed what the company is expecting in the role and also what it has to offer in terms of work and technologies.

Following this I got an email in a few days from the recruiter saying that the hiring manager liked my profile and wanted to chat further. A phone screen was arranged with one of the architects in the team. The interview was an hour long which ranged from design questions, core java technical questions, and also a small coding exercise in an online tool like codepair. I had a positive feeling about this interview and the architect confirmed that she would like to invite me to their office for a set of onsite interviews.

The recruiter then asked me about my availability and scheduled a 4-5 hour visit to their campus for a set of 5 interviews.
    In general the interviews were mostly technical and involved white-boarding and coding questions and core java concepts throughout. I was asked design questions related to the job I had applied for and also testing strategies, junits, mocking etc. The last interview was with the hiring manager, where he tried to gauge my fitment into the team, discussed my projects and also provided a broad overview about the team, the work etc.

In general, I felt I had done reasonably well, and could sense the same from the expression of the interviewers. The next day the recruiter mailed me saying that the interview team was really happy with my performance and wanted to extend an offer to me, we negotiated a bit and I got the salary I was expecting. So, no complaints :)

Overall a very enriching experience!

Manager Interview

Interview

It was the typical interview process. I met with a few people in the various organizations I'd be interacting with and with people within the department. Within the department I met with my potential manager, and others more junior I'd be working with. Some of the interview was 1 on 1 and some was with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to tell them about my job duties at my current company   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Escondido, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Two separate interviews where I met three people at each interview after meeting them at a job fair. Very relaxed and informal interviews. They asked some standard interview questions like the strengths/weaknesses question and asked questions that arose from my resume, particularly related to previous projects. They were interested in getting a sense of who you were as a perosn to work with before getting into the technical aspect, so we talked about our shared alma mater, physics, and star trek.

Interview Questions

• They had specially tailored questions related to electricity and gas usage of a customer over time. The questions revolved around estimating a supposed under-charged customer and how you would infer from the data, maybe collect more data first, and/or make the estimate more accurate.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screen by recruiter (30 min)
    2. Phone interview with hiring manager (45 min) - General questions eg. Tell me about yourself, what you worked on, why are you looking to change jobs etc
    3. On site interview with 5 interviewers - Sequential 45 min sessions, standard questions, nothing fancy.
    4. HR follow up was awful. I was told the decision making process after on site interview was quick, a couple of days. When I followed up after 2 days I was told that he will get back to me. A week later I followed up and no response. 3 weeks later I followed up again and was told they have decided not to make an offer. Not sure why this process can take this long.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online thru linkedin and got a call from HR, discussed experience and the role. HR was also given a set of basic tech questions to ask before she could set-up a phone screen. Phone screen was scheduled with a hiring manager catering to several teams. Process repeated in phone screen and was asked about experience and skills. Was again asked a set of questions compiled from all the teams she was recruiting for. Phone screen went well and she promised to forward the resume to 2-3 teams. Got an email a couple days saying they weren't moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How to differentiate between signed and unsigned byte?
      2. Interface/Abstract Class difference/usage.
      3. Inheritance related questions.
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in December 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me.
    Their Linkedin job postings are very deceptive. The posting claimed they were looking for "Technical Leads". When I got onsite, the hiring manager said that was normal verbiage when they were looking for Senior Engineers. Nothing in the role would be about leadership.
    Most of the questions could have been found in any Java interview prep site. One of the interviewers was just too academic in his software engineering/OS questions - I wonder if the other managers/directors would know the stuff he was asking.
    I almost got the job but my emphasis on a larger role resulted in a no-offer.

Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, applying online was not helpful. After phone interviews I had a site interview with multiple people for 5 hours. The hiring manager wasn't there bl due to a last minute trip, very disappointing. Good compensation system and nice people.

Interview Questions

After 2 months and follow up emails. I finally heard back from HR. The company lost the VP of HR. Lack of communication between HR and hiring manager. Salary was lower than mentioned before site interview. No flexibility for negotiating. Hiring manager didn't handle conversations well.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks.

Interview

Usual stuff. HR phone interview, follow by technical phone screen interview, follow by onsite interview. Onsite lasts half a day. Afterward, received an offer via email the day after.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview last for about 40 minutes, the question they ask is not very hard, mostly basic Java questions. Also need to write some code but not very difficult too, after writing the code they will let you improve it.

Interview Questions

• reverse a string in Java and improve the algorithm.
      basic Java syntax