Silver Spring Networks Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silver Spring Networks Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Silver Spring Networks

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks in June 2013.

Interview

Extensive. Many phone interviews, in-person interview, and a trip to Corporate headquarters for another round. This process lasted months. Each interview covered the same information as related to past experience and this went on and on. During my visit to Corporate Headquarters, I had 5 interviews from employees ranging from project managers to a VP. All were pretty much the same and left me wondering what the Company was looking for?

Interview Questions

The process of getting an offer took so long, that I was able to interview with another firm, get an offer, relocate, and start my new position by the time SSN made the offer!

Other Interview Reviews for Silver Spring Networks

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silver Spring Networks (Tampa, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

The found me. The initial contact came through connections I had online. It was an initial call to test to see if I was interested. I did some research on the company, then called back with interest. An initial screening with the recruiter took place, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. While that was happening, they were also scheduling an onsite meet and greet with the team, and later scheduled 5-6 half-hour phone interviews with people throughout the organization.

The interview process, in general, was pretty lengthy. Lots of people to talk with, lots of scheduling. Since they had folks throughout the country, and I had a full time job, the process was a bit more complicated than I thought it needed to be.

They are looking for very specific personality traits and specific experiences to make sure you fit into their culture. I got along well with all of the interviewers.

The one concern I had with the interviews was that they were scheduled for 30 minutes, often by phone, and they would call late and want to end on time. That didn't leave much time for me to ask questions and getting clarifications. That meant, after an offer was ready, I had to slow them down and go back and ask a bunch of clarifications afterward.

I did end up declining their offer. I felt bad about it, and do feel like I missed an opportunity. It just wasn't the right time since my wife and I just found out we were pregnant.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty straight forward, so I don't have anything to add here.   Answer Question

Yes, I got an offer. I did decline, reluctantly. I only wish the offer could have waited a few more weeks.

First, for someone like me, this is a PERFECT company. Technical, progressive, focused on "green" initiatives, and also small enough to be agile and flexible. I really, really wanted to work for them and really liked their personality.

The one thing that held me back was the potential for lots of travel and, potentially, having no local job after the contract with our local energy company is up. My wife is pregnant, and even though I really wanted to work for Silver Spring, I couldn't risk not being there or having to travel a lot. t the time I couldn't tell them we were expecting, so I think they probably thought I was someone who wasted their time. That's truly not the case.

I really hope to work for these folks in the future. I wanted to when they made the offer, but my life circumstances just didn't allow for it.