Sime Darby Industrial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sime Darby Industrial

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby Industrial (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was invited to interview for the role by one of the General Managers of the company. Prior to the interview they contacted my current employer to do a background check without my knowledge, which was unprofessional. There were two interviews, first with the Head of HR, then a panel interview with the EVP. They asked to know my current pay at the time and then insisted that I had to take a pay cut to join because, well, they were Sime Darby. They refused to consider other factors such as: how much their existing dept heads were being paid, how much the previous persons in that role were paid, and how much other companies have offered to hire me. It seemed they needed the ego boost that I would leave their competitor to join Sime Darby for less pay. I told them to shove it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my track record and my future plans for the business unit I was going to lead.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sime Darby Industrial.

Interview

Applied directly to the HR asking job vacancy and luckily they do have. Still need to apply online through Sime Darby website. Then got a call from HR within one week to attend the interview. Be prepared how you can relate your strength and weakness with your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Be calm and answer the question clearly. Make sure you can elaborate what you have written in the resume specially your past experiences.   Answer Question