Simmons Bedding Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Simmons Bedding Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Material Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview

Phone Interview: Discussed job requirements and expectations. Somewhat casual, with little direction. More of a discussion about the work environment. Interviewer had previously held the job, and was very knowledgeable, as well as was in charge of making final decision. Interviewer was more interested in general experience and interest in position rather than specifics or previous education.

Quality Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding (Janesville, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Long process. I didn't like the initial phone interview, it was completely scripted off the job description. They use non-company recruitment for the first stage. Everyone was pretty nice and communicated. Facility was a bit worn out and empty. I did not get to see the plant.

Brand Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview

I submitted my resume on my college career center website. About a month or two later, I was contacted by HR over the phone, who asked me why I had applied to the position/why it interested me, and then we set up an interview time for me to come to their office. The in-person interview was only about 30 minutes, and it was not too difficult. My interviewee was who would be my potential supervisor, and he asked me basic questions off my resume, about projects, etc.

Product Development Interview

Interview

The job was posted and I applied through the website. I worked with the hiring manager first who arranged a phone interview with the department lead. After the phone interview, I was invited to a series of one-on-one interviews with Directors and above from several cross-functional departments. The facilities are nice and there is coffee available and drink machines.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were about my previous experience and related to the resume I had submitted.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview

After a phone screen, brought in for an on-site interview. I was shown around the facility with a sitting down at the end. They basically asked all those typical interview questions on the phone already, so they did not repeat asking questions too much, and just introduced their technology, their products, and how they do stuff in the on-site interview. The interview was not hard, and the recruiter made you feel comfortable.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Application review, drug screening, credit check, background check, reference check no follow up on application status, initial interview panel, follow up interview 1:1, some testing required, proof of elgibility to work in US

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict between department employees   Answer Question

Interview

Back in 1995 the process was easy. Today I have no idea of what the Simmons interview process consists of. I left the company after nearly 18 years and went on to work for one of their competitors. Since coming over to their competition I have cost them several points of market share in Southern California.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight commission. More you sell, more you make.

Assistant Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding (Janesville, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Recruiter initially contacted me and did a short interview, then HR contacted me for a phone interview (lasted about an hour), then the Plant Manager and I did another phone interview (again about an hour), was brought in for a face to face panel interview (they use the star format) that lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard, HR did ask repeatedly what it would take to get me to leave my current position.   1 Answer

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. He didn't ask the usual questions. It was just a conversation. He said that could train anyone to do the job. He was looking for someone to get along with the rest of the staff. I was very comfortable with him. It didn't feel like an interview at all.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview

Panel interview

Negotiation

there was none