Simon Fraser University Interview Questions in Burnaby, BC | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical Academia interview. After the initial application and shortlist I was called for an interview with 3 profs and Assistant Dean. 7 days in advance they gave me a topic so that I could prepare a 30 minutes lecture on. The interview was overall short, 1h30.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

After submission of application, I got an email for the interview. Initially I cam in mechanical designer interview but they asked me if I would be interested in Electrical work. I agreed to that and I was offered a job within next week.

Interview Questions

• Explain your project experience so far?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, there were 3 questions asked by the computer simulator. After that, I had an interview with the hiring personnel. It was straightforward and there were no hassles. Overall, it took 14-20 days.

Weight Room Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Demonstrate an exercise. Make a program. Answer some easy questions. The general interview was very simple. Also to get a paid position at SFU Recreation, you must volunteer for at least one semester. So the role is not available to anyone, you must first spend time volunteering, where you are expected to show up to all your shifts and not be late and be reviewed by your peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Weird selection process for interviews.
    If selected, will most likely be offered the job, the competition is very less as the number of people interviewed are 2-3 at max for a position. There is a BA, a Manager and a Technical Resource in the panel, with a mix of pure technical to behavioral questions asked, the interview lasts about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on databases (SQL), programming logic and there will be a trick question.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked about all team related questions. How would you react to a particular situation. Like if someone is angry on to pick up an equipment and you're busy with someone on phone. How would you deal with situation. What skills of yours can benefit the organization, how your experience will help in building the organization stronger. Demonstrate your skills. Demonstrate on how to use a Microsoft widi adapter.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to a particular situations. Expanded the question each time   Answer Question

Communications & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

1-hour interview with a 3-4 person committee, in basket testing, intensive background check and they call all your references. having a portfolio is ideal but not requested. hr makes sure you qualify for every single job description.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

they post the courses online, you fill the form and submit it online and in person to course instructors and then if you're hired you get the email. you go to the office and sign up paper work. they tell you the salary and hours.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied on line. Got answer back very fast asked about my experience and teaching skills methods; nice people and easy questions; laid back process; i had to teach in front of a panel an experiment of my choice and to answer the same question many times

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I contacted him about writing a research grant together to obtain funding for a new project. We met and I presented the research plan on a powerpoint and he went through each slide to ask about details. I was given a tour of the lab and met future coworkers who were very friendly. We applied for a grant which was approved and we started the work.

Interview Questions

• The whole process was more of a discussion than deliberate questioning, so, there was no difficult question per se.   Answer Question