Simon Fraser University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical Academia interview. After the initial application and shortlist I was called for an interview with 3 profs and Assistant Dean. 7 days in advance they gave me a topic so that I could prepare a 30 minutes lecture on. The interview was overall short, 1h30.

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process they introduce duty of this position to you and ask tell about yourself first, and then they will ask some general and technical questions. They have two people interview you.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is DNS and what it use for?
      2. Can you briefly descripte the authentication of OSPF?   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

10 min interview. one on one with a professor. they needed someone specific. looking for someone who has done machine learning, for a project. project was robotic legs. there wasnt any call back with a final answer.

Grad Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 people set in a table ask me questions. including software question, technical questions, behaviour questions, i show them my project and the manager looks pretty good, helpful. I did not do good in the technical question so i guess i don't have offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online with a cover letter and resume. I was contacted within 10 days for an interview. Interview was conducted over Skype. Details were provided upfront about the interview, i.e., the duration and the members on the panel. For the panel, there were 3 people representing the Beedie School of Business including 2 representing the Career Management Centre. The questions were mostly behavioural-based. I found the interviewers friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a client that was dissatisfied with the services provided.   Answer Question

Communications Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University in December 2014.

Interview

After applying via email, I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. I was lead to a room where there were three people in the communications and marketing department who all had a long list of questions. Each person went through their list, each on focusing on different topics (general, technical and how I would behave with co-workers/subordinates, etc.

The interview was relaxed and I was told I could bring in samples of my portfolio and refer to them during the interview process.

It lasted about 45 minutes and that was about it.

My interview was on a Tuesday and heard back from them on Friday.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a sensitive issue that was brought to me by the member of the public?   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview. Started off with some general questions. Then they give you a spot test regarding ER-diagram and SQL command. The interviewers were pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, most difficult quesiton was what's your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

organized, structured interview process comprising three segments, a meet-and-greet with would-be colleagues in order to assess fit (ostensibly), a skills test on computer, and a panel interview with the hiring committee

tough questions on the panel interview, but, fair and reasonable questions were asked - great breadth and depth of questions, however

Interview Questions

• List a number of relevant agencies pertaining to the subject matter.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in March 2009.

Interview

They called on my phone and it took like an hour talk.
    Most of it was technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name method of silicon etching!   1 Answer
    • What are the pros/cons of DRIE technique?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2007.

Interview

I applied for the position after seeing a posting on a website. I applied for the position by emailing my coverletter and CV to the contact person. I received a telephone call from the contact person in approximately 2 weeks, which was about 8 weeks before the start date of the job. I met with the contact and had a very pleasent conversation regarding my background. I was shown the size of the lab I will be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Why have I decided not to pursue research and instead chose just teaching.   Answer Question