Simon-Kucher & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Simon-Kucher & Partners Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

3.3

Manager Interview

Interview

The phone interviews were not great as the interviewee kept on delaying the scheduled interview. I was finally invited to an office interview and it was interesting.

It sounded like they had something to hide.

I did get an offer but it was for a lower position and supposedly it would be "fast tracked" to a manager. I did read Fast Track the book while I was a college senior so it really brought back some memories.

Consultant(Level I) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Interview

The recruiters for the most part are really friends. Had two rounds over the phone and these cases focused on the division I was pursuing. Mostly pricing or strategy improvement. The super day was in office at Cambridge with 3 case interviews (at least 1 partner and then most people had at least senior consultant ranking for the other two). You also have a math exam and lunch interview.The senior consultant as mentioned here previously makes you do a simple excel exercise. The math exam is essentially GRE word problems in which if xyz happens, what happens to the variable. It is hard if you do not know what type of questions to expect. In office, 2 of the interviewers were cold and didn't seem too enthusiastic to be helping with recruiting.

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a very straightforward consulting interview. My interviewer began by introducing himself and his professional experience. I was asked a generic "tell me about yourself" question, and then we delved right into the case. He left time afterwards for questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Interview

Case study right from the beginning. There was no initial behavioral interview. The interviewer was great with assisting through the case. Case was pretty straight forward. Overall interviewer was great, I made some silly mistakes but ultimately got to the correct answer

Interview Questions

• Typical strategy style case study interview involving marketing and revenue optimization   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners (Berkeley, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

45 minute interview. About 15 min get-to-know you, a few personalized questions based on your experience/how you think it would help you in consulting. About 30-min for a relatively straightforward case that was interviewer-guided.

Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in February 2017.

Interview

Brief 20 minute screening interview and then a 45 minute call for a case interview. It was an average case, but I did feel that the interviewer wanted me to think a certain way and approach it a certain way.. and I didn't do it in that way exactly.

Interview Questions

• Case study on optimizing revenue   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, quick fit questions then straight to case. It was awkward to do case on the phone, some of the stuff I just couldn't get it clear without looking at the chart. No response from SKP afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What division of SKP are you most interested in?   1 Answer

Consultant (Life Sciences Division) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a 45 min case interview over the phone. It involved a pharma case that the interviewer worked on previously. I found it tough because in person case interviews, some silence in allowed, whereas silence in a phone interview is very awkward. It was a tough case.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round phone behavioral/informational interview
    Two more rounds of phone cases.
    Final round of super day in the office, meeting with more senior people.
    Not hard, atypical cases though. Behavioral is really straightforward.

Scheduling was hard with the company and their recruiting system does not seem to be very well organized.

Life Sciences Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

First round phone interview consisted of a case unrelated to life sciences. Final round was onsite in Cambridge and consisted of 3 case interviews all related to life sciences.