Simply Business Talent Acquisition Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Simply Business

1 Interview Review

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simply Business (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule a call within a couple of days. I absolutely loved the fast response time. I had an initial call with he recruiter and this was a great experience. He did a fantastic job of selling me on the company and the opportunity but also asked me some probing questions around my background and past experience. After our call, I got another email within a day or 2 (again, I love the speed of the response time!) to speak with their COO. We had a 30 minute conversation scheduled within a few days. This is when the interview process felt broken. The COO made it clear that she was limited to only 30 minutes and did a series of rapid fire questions about my background and how I would solve some of their talent problems. I was left with only a few minutes to ask questions. It was very unclear if this call went well. I got an email a few days later saying that they wanted to bring me in for an interview. I took time off of work and got an email the day of my interview saying that they needed to reschedule because nobody (except for 1) on the interview panel would be in the office on the day I was supposed to come in. They did not want to have me sitting in a conference room doing video interviews. I am flexible and understand that things change, but was disappointed that this wasn't firmed up before the day of my interview. My in-person was rescheduled for a week later so I had to take another day off of work. I met with several people. Some 2:1 and some 1:1. There were no specific areas of focus for each of the interview panels. All of them did a brief introduction of who they are and their title and jumped right into the "Tell me about yourself question". I gave my 30 second pitch about 4-5 times. Each interview panel jumped into a series of questions around "How would you solve this" or "How would you solve that?" After I answered, they would jump into the next question. It was much less of a conversation and much more of a series of rapid fire questions. Everyone was pleasant, but seemed to be stretching for questions to ask. In one meeting, the interviewers body language was very standoffish. He sat back in his seat, arms folded, asking me a series of questions. His eyes were squinted and there was no reaction - positive or negative - to any of my answers. I asked several times if my answers made sense and he said yes. Nobody sold me on why I should work at this company. Everyone asked me what I would do for them and how I would solve their problems. I got very little time to ask questions. Each time I asked a question nobody had an answer because "they were still figuring things out". After my in person meeting, I got an email a day or two later saying they would be in touch with next steps - and that my initial point of contact was away on vacation. A week went by and I heard nothing. After a week passed, I sent a follow up email and got a response that they were still interviewing and they'd be in touch. A couple of weeks went by and I heard nothing. In the more than month that passed since my initial call with the recruiter, I accepted another position. As someone potentially coming in to lead Talent, I looked at this as a huge opportunity to make an impact on their interview process. As far as a candidate experience, this was awful. I understand that companies have to figure things out but nobody sold me on the opportunity besides the recruiter. The company needs to reevaluate how they are running their interview process and do some basic training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (This was unexpected because literally everyone asked me this question to start)   Answer Question

Simply Business Response

Apr 4, 2019 – Head of Resourcing and Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience.

We hold our candidate experience to a high standard and always look to learn and improve our process based on the... More