Simply Hired Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The office was very fast at getting back to me. I had a interview over the phone, and within a week I came in and Interviewed with 3 people. Within the day I had an offer. I started the next monday.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how my past experience prepared me and applied to the Internship.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process starts with a 30-45 technical screen with a member of the engineering team or an Lead. The Engineering lead I spoke to was very friendly and told me about the projects they work on and the team structure. After that your then given a coding exercise. The Eng lead gave me some hints here and there and I was able to solve the problem. I was told I'd hear from the recruiter for next steps.

After that, I was immediately contacted by the recruiter for an onsite interview. In the onsite, I met with 3 engineers and again it was all technical questions. What stood apart for me was that everyone that I met, was personable. I've been on interviews where the engineering team have been rude and even arrogant. It's not the case at Simply Hired.

After the first round, I was called back in for a final round to meet with the VP of Engineering, CEO, and Sr. Director of HR. I was nervous but I was asked basic questions on what I can contribute to the company and why I want to work here. (These interviews I wasn't asked to do any coding exercises.)

After that, I heard from the recruiter that they would like to give me an offer. All in all, the process was faster than most other companies that I interviewed. I really just loved the energy of the Engineering team and the fact that everyone that I met seemed passionate about the work they do. I've been working here for a couple months now and I feel like the work I do here is meangingful!

Sales Enablement Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

2 shorter phone interviews (~15 min.) that led up to 1 longer in-person interview (2 hours) where I met with the 3 people that I would be working with upon getting hired.

Interview questions were relatively easy and straightforward; nothing came up that I hadn't prepared for by practicing my responses and by researching the people who would be interviewing.

There was 1 skills test involved where I was put into a scenario that I would often face on the job. The test involved analyzing data, preparing the information into a PowerPoint and then giving a talking script to be used by a sales team individual.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me a little about yourself
      2) Tell me about your work experiences
      3) Why do you feel you're a good fit for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

very low key, a single phone screen with a senior manager, and a five-person on-site interview; after the in-house recruiter told me they were interested, it took them three weeks to schedule the first telephone interview, which gave me a bad impression; however, once that was complete, the rest of the process moved fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• easy questions related to web development; one was about reducing memory footprint in a key-value store   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied online. A few email exchanges for the first phone screen. Afterwards I got called into their main office. Short tour after I arrived. During the in-person interview I met with all the team leads--it wasn't really a dialog and felt really rushed. The drill is this: Lead comes in, gives a short introduction, you give yours, then you get an algorithm question. It was a little frustrating because my experience had little to do with the interview content.

Interview Questions

• Just algorithm questions; bubble sort, time-tallying from a log file, substring/position matching (without using built-in functions)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Dropped the resume and been contacted by their recruiter for a phone screen. The interviewer asked me two coding questions over the phone, which I solved pretty quickly. The screen finished in ~15 minutes. I thought I would be denied but I got an onsite. I met an engineer, the hiring manager, the director and their CEO in the morning. In the afternoon, they extended an offer to me, but the package is below what I expected.

Data Science Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview questions are all about data science, especially in information retrieval.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simply Hired (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

On site interview was delayed for an hour for a 2 hour time slot which they apologized profusely. One interviewer was late, rude, unprepared and seemed irritated that his morning was interrupted by an interview. Not everyone was like this.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question as a statement. "You should have looked at the product before the interview"   Answer Question