Simpson Thacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Simpson Thacher

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher.

Interview

The hiring process was as expected. I was interviewed by the partners of the firm and was offered an position a few weeks later. Nothing really stands out.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Although I applied for a general litigation position, it was clear that they were hoping to hire me for a particular litigation group given that my interviewees were all from that group. Unfortunately, that was a legal area I didn't have a background in and didn't want to go into. Other than that, the questions were fairly straightforward.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher.

Interview

Participated in On Campus Interviews. Had call back interview with 5 partners and associates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A. No negotiation. Lock-step pay and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

OCI interview during law school. Meet with 2 STB attorneys for 20 -30 mins each. Talk about why STB, career goals, etc. If pass, get invited back to meet more attorneys in the office to talk about the same things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

on-campus screening, callback invitation next day, interview following week, offer two days later.

too stiff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with 4 people. 30 min each.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you pursue a CPA.   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Simpson Thacher (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was technical and challenging. It was about sizing up the candidate's ability to think and solve problems. Two interviewers from the practice area I was applying for. Then, interview with the head of the office which was much less technical and was more of a "get to know" interview. Then lunch with some current associates. The key interview was the technical interview with the two partners from the practice I was interview for.