Sims Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sims Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very formal, but the hiring manager was not planning on staying with the company. They were negative about the company. I felt that they were unsure about their future and found it difficult to have me come in as a new temporary with an optimistic approach. I was extended an offer that day, but it took almost 6 months to be hired into the company because there were a lot of excuses to delay it longer.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work there?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sims Group in March 2013.

Interview

Hiring process right from the candidate experience to Icims and on boarding to new employee orientation was very thorough. It took a few weeks to get the first response from the recruiter

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sims Group (Richmond, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I got a good vibe from the HR Manager and we hit it off. I was led to believe I had a great shot and was selected for a second interview at the job location. About three days before the second interview I received an email telling me that the interview was cancelled because they made an offer to a previous applicant.

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sims Group (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

Face-to-face interview and aptitude test (Literacy, Numeracy and Reasoning) by HR followed by an assessment centre with multiple interviews and group exercises. There was a 3 month gap between the interviews and assessment centre. The process was challenging but enjoyable and well structured. Feedback was detailed but rather slow in coming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - application was for a graduate scheme with and fixed salary and benefits.