Singapore Economic Development Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Singapore Economic Development Board Interview Questions

3.7

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the website.
    Basically 2 rounds. The first is conducted by HR that focuses on your aspirations, your education, career interests, and other standard behavioral questions. Very in-depth and behavioral questions do not just skim through the surface.
    Following first round, you have to complete an essay in 24hours. Essay tests your knowledge on current affairs (especially for the division that you are applying to) as well as your ability to come up with recommendations.
    Second round is conducted by both HR and the in-charge. Both behavioral and also about your essay. Do not just reiterate whatever you wrote in your essay but be able to substantiate with new information.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Question: Tell me about a time when you engaged in problem solving.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Senior Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview: 1st round standard phone interview. Between the 1st and 2nd rounds there was a 48-hour test writing an essay and creating a presentation on two different topics. 2nd round of interview involved defending the essay and presentation to team leads. 3rd round of interview was at the director level, with standard questions and knowledge questions similar to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions relating to the content of the presentation prepared.   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview with HR, manager and managing director. Written essay, presentation and competency based interview. Was fairly straightforward and was really testing your competency and fit for the company. Teamwork, innovation, analytical ability were most important strengths.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event that most challenged you and how were you able to overcome the challenge   Answer Question

Assistant Head/Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. HR has limited technical understanding and wasn't keen to listen to my technical work experience, even though I was using those experiences to showcase relevant skills such as analysis and conceptualization, interpersonal and writing skills, etc. To highlight just how NOT interested she was, I was cut short several times while answering her questions.
    If you are an EXPERIENCED professional looking to switch your career path but still want to leverage on your technical knowledge and skills, EDB is not a place for you. You can tell from the way the HR was very aloof and apathetic during the interview. They prefer fresh grad, basically someone that they can mold right from day 1.

Interview Questions

• Work history, how you deal with major obstacle, why do you want to join EDB, what is the process like to get your idea into fruition...   1 Answer

Assistant Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

Consisted first of a phone interview lasting about 45min first asking about field of studies and career choices. Followed by questions regarding the industry of the position you applied to. The questions asked were generally about policy making. If you clear the phone interview, you would be invited down for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you were faced with a conflict involving various parties and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Industry Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online at their career portal during their graduate employment rounds. Got contacted by HR, had to go through a phone interview which lasted for 30-50mins, followed by an essay for a specific industry. Next stage involved talking more about the essay and sharing about myself.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you anticipate in Industry X, why and what solutions do you have to address this?   Answer Question

Senior Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in February 2016.

Interview

4 rounds of interview (including 1 phone interview). First round was with the HR, interview questions consists of understanding your background, experience and your interest in the role/organisation. The rest of the interviews were with the line division (various levels). The interviews provided good information about the role, division and organisation as the HR and line managers were helpful in answering questions and ensuring that you are a good fit to the role/organisation.

Senior Officer/Assistant Head (Aerospace Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone interview focused on your personal inclinations, experience and motivations, behavioural qualities and awareness on EDB and the industry, The interviewer wanted to know more about the nature of my internship experience. The interviewer also wanted to know more about my work ethic, qualities and knowledge on EDB and the industry.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Aerospace Engineering?   Answer Question
    • Describe your internship experiance?
      How did you effectively carry out your roles and responsibilities during your internship?   Answer Question
    • How would you convince a foreign investor to choose Singapore?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call screening from HR. HR will ask you for a brief introduction. HR will asking probing questions on your work experience, your achievements in the company and why are you looking to leave current employment. Next on, they will ask you why did you choose EDB and what are the industries that interests you. They will ask you for your insights on the industries that you mentioned. Depending on the answer you give, more questions will follow.

Interview Questions

• What are your achievements or your contribution to making change in the company?   Answer Question

Assistant Head/Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Applied online.
    First verbal interview with hiring manager.
    Written case study given/ done before interview. Given a limited time period to analyse/ answer case study.
    Case study could be about how you could grow a certain industry in Singapore, or an economic competitiveness related question.
    Second verbal interview with Hiring manager and his/ her manager.