Singapore General Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.9

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

HR process was very smooth and the people from HR were really nice and helpful. The interviewer was the supervisor/PI of the research project and was very nice and amiable. Interview process was very casual and comfortable. He asked some very general interview questions like "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want this job", "Tell me about some of your work experience". He also asked with regards to some of the laboratory techniques and skills that I have and some theoretical aspects of them.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Called quickly after sending in resume. Interviewer was pretty nice, only asked basic questions. Did not ask any healthcare related questions although i prepared for it. Interviewer pretty worried that young people quit job easily. Must show willingness to stay on in the company

Executive (Research Database) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was done by the assistant manager and the manger. The interview was rather a casual one. It started off by telling more about myself and they asked what I know about the job. After which, the assistant manager briefed me more about the job scope and expectations. No technical questions asked. More of a get-to-know-you session. After the first interview, there will be an second panel interview by the directors. I haven't go for the second interview so couldn't say anything about it. Got the call for the second interview 3 working days later.

Operations Executive (Environmental Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was only one round of interview. I was asked to write a draft to reply customer's complaint first, followed by the interview. There were three interviewers. The whole process took around 15 minutes. It was quite relax overall. The questions they asked were common. The only thing that you need to show them is your passion to the job.

Interview Questions

• How to manage staff that has been worked in SGH for a very long period (like 30, 40 years)? What if they do not want to follow your instruction?   Answer Question

The Hospital Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

4 rounds. First was a written essay at the recruitment centre, after which if selected, the first round of interview with HR assistant director and Ops manager. If selected, will be tasked with to do an assignment which you have to send in within 24 hours. Final round of interview with 2 HR directors and the chief operations officer (COO).

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself and your career aspirations. More about your fit with the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary is fixed for fresh grads.

Hospital Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital in February 2016.

Interview

Preliminary interview include a short interview to check your certification and followed by a test with 2 questions, to complete the test on a word document.

Do remember to ask the person-in-charge if internet is can be used during the test because some candidates were using the internet for their test.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Simply ask you about your background in research, and whether did you understand the project they are doing. And some basic questions about your educational qualification like what was your major, and simply explain your master thesis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Was an internal candidate and had to filled up a bunch of forms. Provided with vague direction from HR on informing or not informing your the immediate superior on the intention to apply this programme. (on hindsight its probably better to inform the supervisor)

2 tests was conducted before the interview. 1. Was tasked to do a report on some healthcare trends based on a paragraph that they provide you within an hour 2. Had to do a bunch of statistical and analysis based on the data provided within 24 hours. The interview is done once 1 and 2 is complete.

Even with some experience in the healthcare industry, the questions asked were relatively complicated, in fact extremely difficult for a fresh graduate unless you have very good knowledge on the areas that they might ask.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this programme? Have you spoke or discussed with anyone on this and why? Lots of hypothetical questions that you had to think on your feet and generally no questions on what you had analysed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

After submitting my name at the front desk, I was brought into a room to verify my documents. After which, I was given a piece of paper with the essay questions. You are given one hour to write your essay. You have access to a computer, but remember to use your time wisely and plan your essay well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of current healthcare trends and how would they impact the functioning of SGH in the future.
      Why did you choose to apply for SGH's Hospital Executive programme?
      Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Interview

1st and one round - With hiring managers and HR

Didn't have a good impression even before I attended interview. HR called and insisted I have to cancel all appointments to meet the interviewers three days after because one of them is a doctor and he insisted it.

The interview last for over two hours. (Note: This is a Research Coordinator position which I applied.) Everyone at the panel looked at the doctor adoringly when he spoke. Even if anyone of them wanted to talk about the job, they looked at him and not me. This situation resembled the reviews given about existing staff in the hospital over here. The one hiring manager and HR were very rude this way but they seemed to suggest to you they will treat people who are not doctors, as furniture.

The doctor interviewed using coercive techniques when in doubt and refused to introduce himself too. The hours spent and the way he asked questions suggested to me he wanted a staff whom he could abuse any ways he wanted , that he might not be a good boss , and preferably you should be as poor as a church mouse so that you could take up his job and let him and his staff do whatever they want to you.