Singapore Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Singapore Government Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Singapore Government

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Singapore Government (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Half an hour, 1 interviewee to 5 interviewers, including HR. Had a few directors promoting their projects. Interview was not too stress, interviewers were friendly and keen to share on their departments. Questioned thoroughly on my understanding of the project.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose MOF? What did i know about the 3 projects I was applying for? Asked about the AIIB.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Government (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

First round will be more of a sharing session. It will start with a written test for an hour with a group of people around 3 to 4. Then we move to another room, 2 or 3 more people will join. There is a discussion about the role, expectations, company culture and answer any questions you may have.

Interview Questions

• 1 hour written prior with the following questions 1) What are your 3 strengths & weaknesses and how does this affect your work performance 2) Tell us about a time when you had conflicting policies and what are the actions you took and its outcome   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Government in October 2015.

Interview

a lot of questions, knowledge in various domains, systems and functions. Which courses to take, who is the recommended person. How do you handle certain situations. Is travelling required ?

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Government (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1st round would be with your direct reporting superior, either with just the Director or with the Head in charge. There's a writing essay test lasting 1 hour before that. General topic to test your language proficiency and thought coherence.

2nd round would be in a panel with the Deputy Secretary, mainly focussing on value-based and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Value-based: If you caught your friend cheating in an exam, and when you confront your friend after the exam, he expressed remorse and promised not to do it again. What would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, fixed remuneration according to established HR guidelines based on entry level

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Government.

Interview

First round - Psychometic tests consisting of 2 main portions. First portion is a series of logical and numerical tests to ensure that you can identify patterns and work basic mathematics in a short period of time. Second is a question on a pre-determined issue for you to take a stand and discuss on the situation and strengthen your case. This usually comes in the form of an email that you have to write to your boss.

Second round - Roundtable session with other 4/5 candidates with 2 senior civil officers. First part is to take a stand on an issue and argue for your team. Second part is open ended questions to discuss in a form of a lively chat.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent international political situation that interest you the most?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Government in April 2011.

Interview

It was a casual interview and both interviewers were friendly. They asked basic questions and then went on to explain the job scope and what I could expect to do. I thought it went well and enjoyed talking to them. They said they would get back the next day to let me know if I got it but I didn't hear from them.

Trade Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Government (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

5 directors interviewing one candidate at a time. There is a written test before the interview. Alot of current affair questions. Takes average of 20 mins per interview. Challenging and tough. 5 people interviewing you at one time is no joke at all.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Government (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2008.

Interview

- Initial application on job portal
    - First round: Psychometric tests
    - Second round: Interview and written test
    - May or may not have third round

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite standard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of scope for negotiation.