Singapore Polytechnic Adjunct Lecturer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Singapore Polytechnic

1 Interview Review

2.0

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic.

Interview

Everyone I encountered at SP seemed extremely confused and uncoordinated. Here's my little tale.

My first contact with SP was through email, with someone from HR (let's call her Ms A). We arranged for the interview date and time after a few exchanges. It's quite strange that she never once did reveal her phone number, nor did she call me. All these "to-and-fro" could have been much shortened.

Days after I've got the interview arranged, a different person from HR called me (let's call her Ms B), wanting to arrange for an interview! She seemed totally unaware that I already have one arranged by Ms A. I told her about this and she never called back.

Fast forwarding to the day of the interview, I met up with a full-time lecturer (let's call him Mr C). He was cordial and things seemed to go quite well. I had some questions about the level and depth of the course material I was supposed to teach and he agreed to send me the course synopsis. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that he would put up a recommendation to his bosses for a second interview. The second interview would be where I would meet his bosses.

Days went by and I did not hear from Mr C.

Even more days went by and I heard from yet another HR staff - let's call her Ms D. She called me up wanting to arrange a first interview. I told her that I've met up with Mr C and wondered why she was arranging for one. She said something about Mr C's wish to arrange this interview. Had he forgotten that we've met?! Ms D replied that she would check back with Mr C.

Then I did not hear any more from them.

I could overlook all these if my livelihood did not depend on this queer bunch. After all, it was just a part-time position I applied for. But if you are considering working full-time at SP, it might be good to think twice.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. It's the usual questions about my experiences, and how much time I can commit as a part-time lecturer.   Answer Question