Singapore Polytechnic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Singapore Polytechnic

2.4

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was through an employee referral. I was given a call to set a time for meeting. On arrival, I waited and was presented into a meeting with the Director and Deputy Director. They went over my past portfolio. They asked more about myself, my past experience and we discussed how I could contribute. They were able to let me know of their decision in relatively short time.

Interview Questions

• What is you current salary?   1 Answer

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the government jobs portal and this was considered an entry level position.

I received a call for an interview the following week, and when I went for the first interview it was amongst people in the department I was applying for. Initially they asked generic questions such as an introduction, the kind of experience I had, reasons I applied for the position, and it progressed to situation-based questions to understand what I'd do in made-up situations relevant to the work they did. The first interview completed with questions regarding my proficiency using the Microsoft Office applications.

I was invited for a second interview and besides the two persons who interviewed me the first round, the deputy principal and HR director were there and this session was a little intimidating for me, but they were very nice, and asked questions such as what I'd contribute to the polytechnic if I were hired. They gave me the opportunity to ask questions and I was concerned about the performance appraisal system and culture.

Aside from answering "favourably" to the questions they asked, they took note of punctuality (I was vying for the position with 3 other shortlisted candidates who made it to 2nd round and was slated to go 2nd but I reached first and the rest reached after I was done) and what I brought to the interview (a drink was definitely not welcome).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with faculty who passed on tasks at the last minute?   1 Answer

Lecturer (PAS 6) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

2 informal interviews with the resource manager(for organisational fit) and course manager(technical fit to the course). If you clear them, they will recommend you and there is a formal interview which consist of a technical presentation of your choice following by meeting the top management(Principal and vice-principals).The formal interview is more of a formality before hiring. Unless you make a big mistake or leave a very bad impression, you are most likely hired if you make it to the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Quite a routine interview. No difficult questions. They are looking for job fit and technical expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for my particular school.You either take the salary offered or you don't

Lecturer (PAS 6) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2009.

Interview

It's a 2 tier interview. First tier is interviewed by the specific school Academic Resource Deputy Director. If clear this interview you are required to attend a session where you are required to show your teaching potential - meaning you need to create your own lecturer and present it to 2-3 HR and Education Department staff. If you clear this then the final stage is an interview with the principal and his deputies,

Interview Questions

• They will ask why you decide to leave your current job to be a lecturer. Never say you want to take a break from your current work!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much as the salary is tied to your experience outside lecturing, Plus as a statutory boards, they don't have much financial power to negotiate.