Singapore Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Singapore Power Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Two round interviews. First round need writing test. Second round high level manager face to face interview, short and fast. Later hr need proceed background check and negotiate the salary.

Interview Questions

• Background introduction and why you are suitable for this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask low down the salary.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I Applied Online. It was for the Engineering position. I Received a phone call within a week. Interview was held at Pasir Panjang. There was a test for 30mins and then an interview.

Interview Questions

• same normal interview questions, weaknesses and strength   Answer Question

car allowance is too low

IGrad Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the iGrad Programme online which is Singapore Power programme for fresh IT graduates. Sort of like the counterpart to the EDGE programme for Engineers.

First I get a call then an email to a do a take home programming assignment. After finishing the assignment (which is quite interesting), I go on to the next round which is the assessment center.

In the assessment center round, you work in groups of 6 with others to solve and present in about 40 minutes. My opinion of it isn't good. Firstly the case study are very geared towards electrical engineering (Smart Grids, power, voltage, current.etc) . Although you were given wireless Internet access to research on your laptop, not everyone could connect to the Internet successfully. I'm one of the unlucky ones.

The group I'm assigned to include people with mostly engineering degrees and thus are the ones dominating the group discussion with prior knowledge out of their heads right away.

It became clear to me that as this is the first time Singapore Power is having a graduate development programme for IT graduates, they just group us together to be assessed together with the engineers who applied for the EDGE programme with a case study for engineers. Thus not doing a fair evaluation of us with IT backgrounds.

It may in fact be better to have IT graduates in a group of it's own so that nobody in the group is disadvantaged. More IT related case studies problem may help too.

After the whole assessment center event, we are treated to a dinner and free gift. So I guess that is the saving grace that bump this interview from a bad to a neutral

Human Resource Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview

The overall experience was smooth, though the location may be difficult to find. After registering with the security, I went up to SP's office and sat there for around 10 minutes while the receptionist went to get the HR manager for the interview.
    I would say everyone there was nice and friendly.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Two 1-to-1 interviews.
    First was with the Human Resource. You will be asked to write your particulars in a form.
    Second was with the manager, which also includes a written paper. The HR also sat in with the manager for the interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

A lot of personal information asked that does not relate to the position. Had to repeat a lot of answers because interviewers seems distracted on their ipads. Seem to just reading a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really asked any, just describing the role of the position   Answer Question

EDGE Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

1st round of preliminary interview, followed by a 2nd round of interview which consists of a case-study. You are required to write an essay before starting the 2nd round of the interview. Also, during the 2nd interview, they will ask to see if you are a teamplayer and if you can afford a car to go around to the sites.

Interview Questions

• As an engineer, you can work in almost any field. Why do you choose Singapore Power then ?   1 Answer

Scholarship Interview

Anonymous Employee in HarbourFront (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (HarbourFront (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

First had an interview with HR manager and director, proceeded by an essay test immediately afterwards. A personality test was also conducted 2 weeks later from home. Finally, the board interview which consisted of the higher management and group CEO was conducted several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions (about yourself, goals, achievements etc.) Final interview was a surprise, plenty of situational awareness questions and also the standard stuff. Need to read up on the company.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. Short essay and case study given in 2nd round.
    Did badly in 1st interview but was called up for 2nd interview.
    Case study to analyze scenarios

EDGE Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

The HR asked me to write a short essay regarding why I want to apply for public utility industry. Followed by some general questions asked from their PM. I was a civil engineering student so I am not familiar with the electric sector. I was thinking about they are recruiting ME ppl and want to train me from civil to ME. But they are actually looking for civil ppl.