Singapore Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Singapore Power

2.7

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Two round interviews. First round need writing test. Second round high level manager face to face interview, short and fast. Later hr need proceed background check and negotiate the salary.

Interview Questions

• Background introduction and why you are suitable for this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask low down the salary.

Engineer Interview

Interview

I Applied Online. It was for the Engineering position. I Received a phone call within a week. Interview was held at Pasir Panjang. There was a test for 30mins and then an interview.

Interview Questions

• same normal interview questions, weaknesses and strength   Answer Question

car allowance is too low

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The easier path depends on whether you have a relationship with any existing person in the department, because it works through relationship referrals (hiring). Different clusters of people knew one another.

Interview Questions

• Felt that they tested things that can be self-learned. Should focus on hiring the people with the right attitudes.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power in February 2017.

Interview

Its a 3 months internship position where I was called up for a short interview. Did not manage to get into the proper interview as the competitiveness is rather high. Since 3 months of internship is rather short, not much vacancy is needed. Without a decent GPA result, chances of getting the position is rather low.

Interview Questions

• Asking some background stuff about me and my GPA result.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was free and easy. Simple introductory question like 'tell me more about yourself' . Some questions about projects and activities in school. Questions mainly based on documents and resume submitted and most of the question directed towards experiences in school.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in this program? ( Program in your school )   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview

Relatively easy and interactive. Relaxing and face to face with single interviewer.
    Manageable interview session. Relatively easy questions such as self introduction, challenges faced before and views on hands on work.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

A lot of personal information asked that does not relate to the position. Had to repeat a lot of answers because interviewers seems distracted on their ipads. Seem to just reading a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really asked any, just describing the role of the position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power in September 2012.

Interview

Upon receiving my resume deposit e-mail, if you have the potential, the HR will call you first to have a conversation and concluding it by inquiring on your expected salary. From there, they will "call you in a week's time" to confirm your interview date and time.

When it is all confirmed, you will need to proceed to their HQ building at Pasir Panjang Road and wait for the interview. Of course, there are relevant documents needed for the interview.

The interviewing panel consisted of 4 persons in total (1 HR, 3 Head of Sections (your future supervisors)).

Interview Questions

• 1. They kept asking why I did not continue with my previous job after my contract ended.
      2. They kept asking if I am willing to take a slight pay cut.
      3. Told me to be independent.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because I was desperate for a stable job, I did not negotiate much. I only wanted these few things:

1. Permanent position (6 months probation only, no fuss)
    2. Stable pay (was quite small but there are good bonuses + yearly increment)
    3. Medical benefits

I was pleasantly surprised that they have part-time studies sponsorship, which I applied after 1 year in service.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Power (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply thru Jobstreet which made me e-mail them in the end.
    Called within 2weeks to ask if about my details and if I am okay with the pay scale.
    Called a gain 3 days later to confirm interview.
    Interviewed by 1 HR and 2 Section Heads.
    Called 1 week after interview to confirm medical check up.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions like:
      Tell me about yourself.
      Reasons for leaving previous company.
      Why do you want to work for SP.
      Are you willing to take a pay cut.
      Are you able to work independently.
      Can you run the administration for a department.
      Explained about the jobscope and requirements.
      Any plans to self upgrade.   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Application

Interview

3 Rounds.
    1 : HR interview