Singapore Press Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.7

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Bridgeport, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Was called to schedule an interview and went the following week for the first interview. Practice is a decent size but the inside is weird. It is very loud because there are literally no doors. All the operatories have no doors they are in the middle of the practice side by side and the front desk is a small area next to that so you can image the noise coming for over there. Management gave me a tour of the place and then proceed to a room and had the 1:1 interview. She asked all the typical questions in an interview.. not very hard.. then schedule a working interview. The following week went in for a working interview and shadowed the other receptionist. I was sometimes left clueless because she would go off to do her thing and Im just sitting there like ok no what.. but anyways long story short.. I didn't like it, the dental assistants and doctors didnt bother to say hi they were just in there own world, they do things a lot different there, it gets really busy and very loud.. if you perfer that environment good for you but not for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where a patient was being difficult with you and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Journalist/Reporter Interview

Interview

I applied for an internship. The interviewers were friendly and made sure to highlight the taxing nature of journalism. I had a face-to-face interview and was offered the internship the next day. I started the week after.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - why do you want to be a journalist, how will you handle certain emotional situations   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Usually 2-3 rounds of interviews. You will have to do the DISC test and IQ test.
    1) To meet team lead with HR.
    2) To do a presentation on a case study given
    3) To meet Head of Dept

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks long. Applied online for a position and got called about a week later on a Friday for an interview the coming Monday. Interviewers were friendly and just wanted to know more about me and my attitude towards the job, as well as my skill set and ability to cope with stress. Interview was less than half an hour, nothing much to prepare for since they only wanted to know more about me.

Chinese Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

The HR called me 2 months after I submitted my application. I had to go for a 4 hour Chinese written test. The test consists of 3 parts: one essay question (at least 1800 words), one grammar and vocab section, followed by translation (english to chinese) of a 3.5 pages speech.

Interview Questions

• I did not go for the interview as the HR told me that new reporters have to report emergency news and station at the mortuary once a week.   Answer Question

Mobile Applications Developer (Android ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview process took a month and the first round of interview was written test like basic of Android platform (please must complete the test with in 30mins) and followed by panel interview some normal discussion about project and what's role of your in project and then personality test

Interview Questions

• About material design and some basic questions and process of project and what's role of your and what's a most challenge work you have faced   Answer Question

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1) Panel Interview: with a HR manager and your desk supervisor.

2) Once that is done, you will be scheduled to do a very VERY RIGOROUS language and reasoning test. 3 hours long. You can cheat by asking someone who have did it - they haven't really changed the test in the last 20 years.

3) Wait. The wait might kill you, but hang on. It might take 1 - 2 months.

4) An offer will be made.

Interview Questions

• Current affairs, reviewing of your past writing / content producing work for any holes. Do not cheat on your portfolio. These are real journalists with decades of fieldwork under their belts.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Editorial Intern position at Singapore Press Holdings. I applied online for the position first, and then was invited for a writing test. Several weeks after the writing test, I was invited for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you usually get your news?   1 Answer

Chinese News Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Press.

Interview

There's a 4 hour written test before interview. I had to answer several grammar questions, write a 2000 word essay, then translate a speech of PM.

My interview is a very short one. Two interviewers, both are editors. It seems they've decided not to select me before the interview. :(

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Singapore Press.

Interview

A Human Resource manager and a Subscription manager, Rinne.
    It was simple, but Subscription manager will really pry into your personal life and decisions even though it is just a part-time job.