Singapore Press Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Bridgeport, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Was called to schedule an interview and went the following week for the first interview. Practice is a decent size but the inside is weird. It is very loud because there are literally no doors. All the operatories have no doors they are in the middle of the practice side by side and the front desk is a small area next to that so you can image the noise coming for over there. Management gave me a tour of the place and then proceed to a room and had the 1:1 interview. She asked all the typical questions in an interview.. not very hard.. then schedule a working interview. The following week went in for a working interview and shadowed the other receptionist. I was sometimes left clueless because she would go off to do her thing and Im just sitting there like ok no what.. but anyways long story short.. I didn't like it, the dental assistants and doctors didnt bother to say hi they were just in there own world, they do things a lot different there, it gets really busy and very loud.. if you perfer that environment good for you but not for me.

Management Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was with the HR person. There was a presentation to be done in both Chinese and English. I was referred to another team for another interview when I found out more details on the program and found the program to be not suited to my interests, HR person was friendly.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

HR sounded nice but the interview kept postponing and i had to keep waiting to know at least how the interview went. Very basic questions asked, took about 30 mins.

Interview

I applied for an internship. The interviewers were friendly and made sure to highlight the taxing nature of journalism. I had a face-to-face interview and was offered the internship the next day. I started the week after.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - why do you want to be a journalist, how will you handle certain emotional situations   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Usually 2-3 rounds of interviews. You will have to do the DISC test and IQ test.
    1) To meet team lead with HR.
    2) To do a presentation on a case study given
    3) To meet Head of Dept

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks long. Applied online for a position and got called about a week later on a Friday for an interview the coming Monday. Interviewers were friendly and just wanted to know more about me and my attitude towards the job, as well as my skill set and ability to cope with stress. Interview was less than half an hour, nothing much to prepare for since they only wanted to know more about me.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewer are friendly. They comfort me and said joke, not to scare me. My interviewers are nice and have patience, listen to my work carefully. If I don't understand their questions, they explained again.

Interview Questions

• How many projects did I have done?   1 Answer

Chinese Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2016.

Interview

The HR called me 2 months after I submitted my application. I had to go for a 4 hour Chinese written test. The test consists of 3 parts: one essay question (at least 1800 words), one grammar and vocab section, followed by translation (english to chinese) of a 3.5 pages speech.

Interview Questions

• I did not go for the interview as the HR told me that new reporters have to report emergency news and station at the mortuary once a week.   Answer Question

Mobile Applications Developer (Android ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview process took a month and the first round of interview was written test like basic of Android platform (please must complete the test with in 30mins) and followed by panel interview some normal discussion about project and what's role of your in project and then personality test

Interview Questions

• About material design and some basic questions and process of project and what's role of your and what's a most challenge work you have faced   Answer Question

Journalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Press (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1) Panel Interview: with a HR manager and your desk supervisor.

2) Once that is done, you will be scheduled to do a very VERY RIGOROUS language and reasoning test. 3 hours long. You can cheat by asking someone who have did it - they haven't really changed the test in the last 20 years.

3) Wait. The wait might kill you, but hang on. It might take 1 - 2 months.

4) An offer will be made.

Interview Questions

• Current affairs, reviewing of your past writing / content producing work for any holes. Do not cheat on your portfolio. These are real journalists with decades of fieldwork under their belts.   Answer Question