Singapore Technologies Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Singapore Technologies Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2017

2.6

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering (Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

Division manager was someone who pays attention to you during interview. Interview was straight forward. I was well informed of the challenges I will face. Job description given during interview was slightly off.

Interview Questions

• Are you confident to take up the challenges that you will face?   1 Answer

Undisc Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering.

Interview

Hiring manager was very dismissive and disrespectful. Kept interrupting as I was talking and repeatedly looked at wristwatch throughout.

Then spent a good 5 mins dishing the dirt on the company and all the hundreds of ways it is a bad organisation to be in. Normally people try to upsell their companies to attract people to join, so I was taken by surprise to say the least. HR said nothing, which is even worse.

Found out that the job description that brought me in was merely a generic one, meaning to say that candidates who accept the job may not be doing what they interviewed for. During interview hiring manager even tried fielding me for another role which I stated numerous times I have no interest in!

I could go on forever, but overall impression is that it is everything you would think a government-linked organisation would be although they position themselves as an MNC.

Note to company: Show some basic respect to your candidates. People go through pains to take leave and do hours of research before they even show up at your meeting room. The least you can do is get up from your chair to shake hands on their way out.

Rotten people culture

ST Engineering Scholarship Interview

Interview

Relaxed interview, basic straightforward questions about yourself and your motivations. Nothing too difficult. No general knowledge questions, which was surprising. Lasted about 15 - 20 mins. Writing this last redundant sentence in order to meet the inconvenient word minimum to describe this interview process.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2016.

Interview

I've applied through my university career fair and got called up for a phone interview to find out about why i am applying for this role. Was called in for a face to face interview almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a right fit for this position?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering in February 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• interview process is average and asking technical questions and great place to work in for fresh graduate as fresh graduate can learn alot of technical skill sets and demostate competencies   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering (Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)) in June 2014.

Interview

2 Rounds of interview. Formal and friendly. Felt very comfortable. Technical and interpersonal skills are being tested. They will see you if you are capable to the role. Sell your skills and impress them. Being polite and enthusiasm is the key to success.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope unable to negotiate. May be if you are in manager level then yes. But I am happy with the figure offered to me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering in April 2014.

Interview

Got the intern position without going for interview
    No Selcetion process
    Through email confirmation from HR

Got the intern position without going for interview
    No Selcetion process
    Through email confirmation from HR
    Applied through online portal and received confirmation email from HR a few weeks later.

Assistant Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering (Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)).

Interview

First round and probabl the only round was the interview with the department head. Was given two documents to read and there was subsequent questions regarding the document. These questions require experience and knowledge of how the engineering industry works and it will be great if the applicant has that.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't really difficult but to ace this interview, one must have experience in the field and know the ground work well.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering.

Interview

I applied through my school. The person in charge gave me a call for a phone interview. He asked questions like, what programmes have you created in the past and asked me to elaborate. He asked me what programming languages I knew too. He also kept telling me that the job was going to be challenging, and asked if I was ready to take up the challenge.

Interview Questions

• What programmes have you created in the past?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as everything was already settled by the school

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview process were more of casual talking and seldom very technical questions were asked, it speaks a lot about the interviewers knowledge and his ability. Interviewers should ask question which are relevant to the job.