SiriusXM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.6

Connected Vehicle Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is easy and there no drug test whats so ever! They will hire anybody! They will take you into the call center and have you listen to one call and make it seem real laid back. They will be friendly fake and act like the job is great when they fail to tell you that you will never work a weekend after training.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service?   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to meet with my potential "mentor" - the person for whom I would be interning. He proceeded to ask me questions about my interest in the music business, my experience, my interests, and my availability. It was very standard.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to have a screening on the phone first, then I went in to the building for a one on one. They asked some question about what I did and why I wanted to intern. Then I got a tour of the building studios and met some people in the building.

Part-Time Music Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and tedious, with the company constantly stringing me along. Had my first interview on 10/28/16 and went very well. Made it to the next round and it went well too. Then was told to wait for the third round, which was supposed to be a formality with their VP. Email came through telling me to be hold out to schedule the third interview, with the ending "excited to add you 3 to the team." Then waited two more weeks with no response from Sirius. Finally, third interview happened and then it was radio (pardon the pun) for two more weeks until a few days ago when I was told they had decided to go in a different direction. Nerve-wracking and no explanations ever. This came in on 12/28/16. Exactly two months since my first interview. Unacceptable and rude.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SiriusXM in October 2016.

Interview

Internal: Simple and quick conversation, which was not comforting. Nothing challenging and no trick questions. Over the phone interview discussing life and future plans. Seemed more concerned about salary than anything else.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen was fair w/ HR, asked personality questions and why SiriusXM. Second round of interviews, had to go to their NY office. Met with multiple Directors and analysts who walked through my resume and asked technical questions re: Excel and accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Do you know how to use pivot tables, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First HR called me , then he setup technical screening which was supposed to be for 40 min but dragged 1 hour though I was quite sure they will not go forward with me .

Interview Questions

• 1. Fragment , service , asynctask , service lifecycle
      2. How to stop garbage collection (never had this question in my life before)
      3. Lots of questions of Rx-java , though I told them I don't know that they keep on asking about it (like how to run multiple asynctask at the same time)
      4. Android ndk
      5. Android localization
      6. At the end they asked me a data structure question
      You are given a list of strings , find the anagrams (not sure if the guy wanted me to compare every 2 of them) , time complexity of that etc , by that time I kind of understood they have a different requirement so did not try much for this question.
      7. How two threads will communicate with each other (not sure if it is android related or general java question)
      8 . How do you handle server exception
      9 . Android recycleview   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and a few weeks later I met the team. I spoke with 3 members of the group and all were very friendly.

Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Just asked some behavior questions. Nothing really special after that she asked me about my job history. After a a week then sent me a email saying I didn't get the job and they went with other people

Content Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, 2 separate trips to their offices, multiple phone conversations, countless emails and in the end they passed on me for a position I was qualified for and gave no explanation as to why. Zero feedback. I found this experience to be incredibly frustrating given the amount of time and communication put into this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What gets you up in the morning? The basics.   Answer Question