SiriusXM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SiriusXM Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and a few weeks later I met the team. I spoke with 3 members of the group and all were very friendly.

Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Just asked some behavior questions. Nothing really special after that she asked me about my job history. After a a week then sent me a email saying I didn't get the job and they went with other people

Content Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, 2 separate trips to their offices, multiple phone conversations, countless emails and in the end they passed on me for a position I was qualified for and gave no explanation as to why. Zero feedback. I found this experience to be incredibly frustrating given the amount of time and communication put into this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What gets you up in the morning? The basics.   Answer Question

Data Coordinator (In DC) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for phone interview in 2 days from a SiriusXM HR recruiter in NY even though the position was in DC. Probably lasted no more that 8-10 minutes as we did not go the the next phase. See questions below.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job experience?
      Do you have experience in excel?
      Was asked about my current salary & that is when the bulk of the conversation stopped. Had no clue when applying that the position was entry level. Kindly wrote back Thanking them & asking to remove me from consideration for the position.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening with Talent Acquisition

Round 1 with Talent Acquisition, Hiring Manager, and team members

Round 2 with Talent Acquisition (again), Hiring Manager's Supervisor and other team members.

After the second round (May 2016), I was told they'd get back to me in a week. I followed up in June to no response, but was contacted in August that they are still interested in me. I responded w/ a thank you and let them know I'd be out of the country in October. Talent Acquisition emailed me while I was out of town to come in upon my return, when I tried to schedule a date I got no response. In November 2016 they called and told me they went with someone else. Overall a dragged out process (6 months), with minimal follow up and inaccurate feedback.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sirius?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM in February 2016.

Interview

A long process, but worth it. The background check is thorough. The company is great at making sure they pick the right people for the job, and not looking for people that can't cut it in the industry. I I I had 3 interviews. Two by phone and one in person. The offer was given over the phone. Have your employer history with accurate information and keep all your history so the background check goes smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

They first reached out through the phone where my first interview took place. Then they set up a time for me to come in for a second interview in Washington, D.C. The first interviewer over the phone booked my time for my next interview but I never received an email confirmation. As they day arrived, I just decided to come in for the interview on the date I was told. Unbeknownst to me, when I got to Sirius headquarters, they informed me that "I had canceled" my interview. But the host of the show I was interviewing for still saw me. The process lasted for about 3-4 hours because I decided to sit-in during her show to get a feel for it. Then she asked me some questions, we got to know each other, and planned for a third interview so the Director of Urban Listening could make it down from New York at a reasonable time to interview me as well. The following week I came back down for a third interview with the both of them. I thought I had the job but they decided on someone within the company. However, the Director of Urban Listening called me personally to say that he was so touched and inspired by my tenacity that he was going to make sure I get the help I needed to either get another position within the company or elsewhere. I reached out to him a few weeks later, with a mock-up show and questions about how I could better my skills to attain a job within the company. He emails me WEEKS later after that saying he was busy and wasn't going to have enough time to ready my email to better assess me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sirius XM?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SiriusXM in January 2016.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional place I've ever interviewed. The scheduler kept changing the interview date on me - barrage of emails and phone calls - and then scheduled an interview with someone that apparently was never supposed to happen (the woman had another meeting). I kept waiting for the last interviewer to show up, until they finally figured out there was a time conflict.

The role itself was not a good fit for me, so this isn't a bitter or resentful review just because I didn't get an offer. I was just shocked at the level of disorganization and lack of common courtesy. I should note that in the recruiter's original email to me, they actually used the wrong name - I thought nothing of it, since these things happen, but apparently it was a warning!

True to form, the email I received informing me that I was not going to move forward was very rude and unprofessional as well.

Really negative experience. Even in cases when I don't move forward or get an offer, I feel like I've gained something from interview experience. In this case, it was a total waste of time; they were so discourteous, disorganized, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences smoothing over conflicts in team settings.   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is long. I was set up with a short phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. She then set me up with a HR manager for another phone interview because she liked me. The HR manager was nice, the interview went great, and at the end she said "I throughly enjoyed our conversation and I should be in touch with you early next week". I didn't hear from her the following Monday so I sent a follow up email and got a generic response email back. "Thank you for your continued interest with SiriusXM, [insert name here]. We will contact with an update regarding your candidacy within the next two weeks." I was never told 2 weeks. Still waiting to hear back. But this whole process going from one person to the next, setting up different interviews, and waiting to hear back has taken over 3 weeks so far.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 - 30 minute interviews back to back with potential direct manager and then their manager. After a little less than two weeks I was notified on the results. If two candidates are equally matched the job goes to an internal candidate over an external candidate. I think this is a good thing. Looking forward to being on the other side of the equation in the future.

Interview Questions

• Would there be a problem with quite a bit of travel?   1 Answer