SiriusXM Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had multiple interviews with the production team. Asking me questions about my past job and what my skills are. A very productive interview. Until I got to the host who just talked over me didn't ask any questions and decided he didn't want to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the SiriusXM careers page. HR contacted me and I met with the Executive Producer & Program Director of the station. The interview process was smooth, but did take a bit to get the paperwork through to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your responsibilities?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

They first reached out through the phone where my first interview took place. Then they set up a time for me to come in for a second interview in Washington, D.C. The first interviewer over the phone booked my time for my next interview but I never received an email confirmation. As they day arrived, I just decided to come in for the interview on the date I was told. Unbeknownst to me, when I got to Sirius headquarters, they informed me that "I had canceled" my interview. But the host of the show I was interviewing for still saw me. The process lasted for about 3-4 hours because I decided to sit-in during her show to get a feel for it. Then she asked me some questions, we got to know each other, and planned for a third interview so the Director of Urban Listening could make it down from New York at a reasonable time to interview me as well. The following week I came back down for a third interview with the both of them. I thought I had the job but they decided on someone within the company. However, the Director of Urban Listening called me personally to say that he was so touched and inspired by my tenacity that he was going to make sure I get the help I needed to either get another position within the company or elsewhere. I reached out to him a few weeks later, with a mock-up show and questions about how I could better my skills to attain a job within the company. He emails me WEEKS later after that saying he was busy and wasn't going to have enough time to ready my email to better assess me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sirius XM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in early/mid June. Interviewed in early July. Didn't hear anything back until mid-September telling me I was being hired for the job. I didn't think I was being considered for the job because of how long it took to get a offer back, but they told me that they were doing a lot of things to the channel and making changes.

Interview Questions

• Do you play fantasy sports?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within the week by HR. Met with the channel's Executive Producer and Program Director and a lot of the interview was based on past radio experiences and how I could translate that experience. Overall, an easy interview process but lengthy hiring process.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

The actual interviews were fine. It was the process that seemed backwards. I first met with HR on a phone call who went over the basics (why I was looking, salary requirements, etc). I then had a phone all with a VP who asked me about my background. I went on to meet him in person and questions were trying to glean what my diplomacy and interpersonal skills were. I met with two other VPs, and sensed there was an issue with 'personalities' and 'egos' as all the questions were geared towards trying to find out how I'd be able to get programmers who didn't like being told their work was incomplete to follow the process. Finally a recruiter called me (why at the end and not the beginning??). She also interviewed me for a few minutes, and at the end of the conversation, said they'd like to make an offer in a week or so. She said there would be a background investigation and would likely ask for a copy of my pay stub to verify my current salary (didn't realize this was legal...is it?). She said the offer details would be vetted all the way up the chain. When she called again, she said they checked the position budget and it was 10K LESS than I currently make. I asked her why this wasn't discovered at the start of this weeks-long process and all she could do was apologize. I declined the offer, but was very disappointed in the time wasted on both parts and because I had already turned down another job offer once I found out Sirius would be making me one.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have to work for money, what would you be doing?   Answer Question

The offer was 10K less than I currently make even though at the start of the interview process I clearly stated what my requirements are. It was only after 5 interviews that they found out that the max for the position budget was below my requirements.

Music Programming Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process went pretty smooth. My supervisor-to-be interviewed me first, then about 10 minutes later, his manager popped in on the interview (beats having to come in for a follow up interview)

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember being that I was interviewed three years ago. But a typical "Why do you want to intern for us?" question may have been raised.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

phone interview which took place with the human resources director. involved simple questions of background, experience and personal likes and dislikes. contacted a week later about a 1:1 interview on site with a business operations specialist. Interview took one hour and was contacted via email about offer within the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Position was for internship for academic credit only.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

There was a one on one with 3 different managers. Those that you would be peer level with, who you would report to and then the senior manager. All of the questions were similar in nature as far as asking how you would react to specific daily or long term scenarios. They were trying to access your familiarity with formal process and procedures.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with changing focus? Some things that are hot today are not important tomorrow. How do you handle it when the focus is ever changing and everything is important?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in March 2011.

Interview

I was hired through a recruiting agency. The job was originally for something else, even in the interview but once hired I didn't do anything relative to what I was hired for.