Six Corners Same Day Surgery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Six Corners Same Day Surgery

Surgical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Corners Same Day Surgery (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Dr. Elias will hire you on the spot because no one wants to work for him and his employees quit so often. This is because he is so verbally abusive. Do not take a position with him. He will never change. He is so egotistical and obsessed with making money at his patient's expense. I do not believe he checks credentials either. This place is a revolving door of staff. Very sad for patients because he is not a skilled surgeon at all.

Interview Questions

Radiographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Corners Same Day Surgery (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The person that was supposed to train me was fired the day I arrived. Within the first 15 minutes of my new job (no formal interview) . I was performing an exam in surgery. Thank goodness I was a seasoned technologist. Yeah so no HR, no W2s, no interview, no training, did not punch in .. Straight to operating X-ray equipment without them even checking my credentials ., odd very odd

Registered Nurse -OR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Corners Same Day Surgery (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

I was sent an unsolicited email saying offering me a nursing opportunity in response to my resume which was posted on Monster.com. I understand that this is how all of the other staff were hired. There was one interview with the Medical Director only Every aspect of every part of the surgical center, micromanaging every department. Employment at this place like third world country.
    New grads will be hired on the same day.

My friend who had worked there for 2 months told me that this place is very distrubing, no staff is more than one year old because there was a high turnover rate because the Medical Director was very "strict" and like things a certain way.

New grads beware of this traps....

Wage theft.. (Work 45-50 hours but paycheck remains 40 hours or less)
    No benefits
    Orientation- you must be talking about miracle....
    Untrained staff, since everyone is less than 1 year old.
    Everyday Director will grill you for nothing, insulting some extent
    Director only wants to hire new grad because it's cheaper.

There are better places to work, you only have one life.

Registered Nurse- Operating Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Corners Same Day Surgery (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

I was sent an unsolicited email saying offering me a nursing opportunity in response to my resume which was posted on Monster.com. I understand that this is how all of the other staff were hired. There was one interview with the Medical Director only. He is very involved in every aspect of every part of the surgical center, micromanaging every department.
    I interviewed several staff on my way out of the interview and they said that there was a high turnover rate because the Medical Director was very "strict" and like things a certain way.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to make this happen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiating was the easy part. The Medical Director offered a competative salary based on my experience and outlined what the ranges were.