Six Flags Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Six Flags Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

1.6

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

I went to a job fair and filled out an application there. It was pretty simple. They also gave you a basic math test. You get 2 tries to get them all right.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

The employee interviewing me was friendly and very helpful, she described the job in detail and told me what to expect at work.
    asked what are your strength and weakness
    took a math test
    how well do you work with others

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy and to the point. Was given a math test. Then they called me into the office for the interview i was asked basic questions like what i would do if i saw a suspicious guest and asked why i want to work for six flags, normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a guest being sneaky and suspicious   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks, I applied online & got a call back & they scheduled me an appointment for 3 days later. The interview was not difficult, simple questions. Was told to go back for a 2nd interview, which was more into detail about the position, then was hired got my uniform that same day & got scheduled for training (discover).

Interview Questions

• Nothing to complex almost same questions as the written interview part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone starts at a 7.25 rate so there was no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. A lot of people showed up. They gave you a math test which was basic addition and subtraction. Then when you finished they took the people who passed to a different location to interview 1-1

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I went to the job fair in January. This is an almost guaranteed job if you go to the fairs. They make you take a quick math quiz than fill out some forms and then you get two quick interviews with people from the department you are applying for. They ask you have you taken any drugs, what activities do you do, and how you would react to a rude customer and questions like that. Basically just say the best things that make you look good. The process is about four hours but after they will let you know if they want you to come to training.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Six Flags in texas only pays 7.25 an hour and you go up from there.

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Very easy interview. Go into the Human Resources office and sign in, take a simple math test and wait to be called back for an interview. They went over the grooming guidelines and the application I filled out then asked a few questions. I got the job on the spot and was scheduled for discovery training a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince your neighbor to go to Six Flags?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy process. I applied, and maybe a week later I was called back for an interview. You have to take a math test to make sure that you know basic math concepts, especially if you will be dealing with money. If you do not pass the test, you cannot move further into your interview. It was a very relaxed interview and he asked mostly common sense, and behavioral based questions. I originally applied for games, but ended up in food service. I think that food service is easier and gets treated better anyway.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have a customer that is not satified with their meal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiation. It was minimum wage -- take it or leave it. I took it.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags in June 2011.

Interview

Applied on line, called to schedule interview. Upon arriving, asked to sign papers etc, asked if I was wearing jeans. Interviewed for HR position, did tests, alphabetical order, etc. Was called 2 weeks later and told no positions left in HR but Hostess position in Food Service Dept. Went in for group processing (approximately 20 people), toured MM and started next day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, almost everyone can be hired, just follow the guidelines they request. Ex; do not wear jeans to interview, no visible tatoos, hair doesn't stick out from head more than 1", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, pay starts minimum wage, $8.00 in California.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Jackson, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very easy. They hire pretty much anyone so it is perfect for a first job. They ask pretty basic questions such as why do you want to work here etc.