Six Flags Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.8

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fairly easy Just be yourself Dress nicely. If you are applying in a cash handling position they will ask you to take a math test just be sure to bring your phone to authorize background check

Interview Questions

• If someone got spat upon on the Shockwave how would you respond   1 Answer

Emergency Medical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Six Flags (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Six Flags HR schedules three interviews containing test to attend. The initial interview consisted of HR, EMT exam, and a basic math exam. The second interview consisted of an interview with management. The second interview consisted of two people. One of the employees was incredible nice and the other was neutral (Maybe bad cop, good cop?) I was not hired, but there was a two week space between each interview. Management told me they would call me if I did not receive the job within two days. However, I called, and they changed their mind to two weeks. Afterwards, HR did not even let me speak to management. In fact, they kept me relayed on the phone, putting me on hold with each reply. I don't mind taking bad news. Instead, I was not even told that I was declined, but they were "doing something else with the position." I would rather a straightforward answer instead of keeping me from taking an offer from another company.

Retail Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA).

Interview

I applied twice. The first year I was 16 and applied for retail and culinary and called HR but told me I did not qualify. Next year when I turned 17, I reapplied and got a email asking to schedule a interview. They have job fair basically where a bunch of people go. You sign In and have to complete a math test that's basically about money. They you wait to get called for a interview. My interviewer was very nice and genuinely cared asked very basic questions. She asked my availability and told me I passed and also passed the math portion. You're asked to wait again to do paperwork. Some people were told that they wouldn't be able to hire (either too young or transportation ). A HR person does paperwork with you and you have to come back and return it on a day you schedule. Then you schedule a training day

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA).

Interview

Tried for retail but they moved me to ride operator, didn't say why. I transferred from Fright Fest and the person interviewing me was someone I already knew from my maze so it was even simpler. They had me take a very simple math test and asked basic questions, I was out in about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags.

Interview

I went to a job fair and filled out an application there. It was pretty simple. They also gave you a basic math test. You get 2 tries to get them all right.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No pay negotiation.

Cleaning Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agawam, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Agawam, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Staff was very helpful and respectful, interviewer was very nice and patient.

The overall experience at Human Resources was extremely pleasant and the interview only took about 10 minutes where I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer with a question?   1 Answer

Food Service Team and Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very easy with simple questions would have been hired but I was unavailable Saturdays and they were looking for weekend people so I was waitlisted until my schedule was clear. Came in, they had me do very basic math money problems and fill out a paper with my information, schedule, etc. I waited a little bit and was taken back for an interview and was asked about 2 or 3 simple questions by a really nice woman. Overall easy process.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker is caught stealing should they be given another chance?   1 Answer
    • Describe a stressful situation and how you got through it.   1 Answer

I didn't decline just still waitlisted

Retail- Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA).

Interview

The interview was a group interview. It was cool but make sure you're interactive. If you're not they ask you to leave right there on spot. The hiring managers were nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Admissions Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I sat in a room with about 3 other applicants waiting to be interviewed , was asked what makes me different ... Etc . Then took a math test , I guess to see if you could count money .

Retail- Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Make sure you smile throughout the ENTIRE interview. It's Six Flags! This isn't a boring job in an office. Make sure you show that you are a very well rounded person. In other reviews about Six Flags Over Georgia, you may have read that a game of jenga is played in the interview. This is true, but it's to let the potential employees get comfortable with each other, because these are some of the same people they will be working with, and also interviewing with. The interviews are given to multiple people (4-7) at once around a large table. The HR Asked a question, and everyone around the table gave an answer.