Six Flags Rides Operation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Six Flags Rides Operation Interview Questions

Interviews at Six Flags

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was scheduled for an interview a short period after. I arrived in business casual with all of my paperwork in order (make sure you have everything with you). I was a minor at the time so I brought my parent since they HAVE to be present to fill out paperwork for you as well. I waited in the HR office after checking in at the front desk. There were other people in there doing interviews or waiting on interviews. I was asked to fill out a bit of information. After completing that, i gave it to the front desk who asked me to wait again for a bit. Finally, I was called up and the lady politely greeted me. We went to a private interview space where she asked me very very simple questions about myself and how I am as a person. She was very nice.
Questions like: Do you like working alone or with people? How would you ask a neighbor to visit Six Flags? etc
None of the questions caught me off guard. She appreciated all my responses.
After completely the interview, she said I did a wonderful job but that no positions were available at the time but that she would keep me on file. I left very sad but continued to call back each week for two weeks to ask if anything was opening up. I gave up the third week as I realized there was no way I'd get the job but suddenly I got a call that next morning saying a position opened up and they wanted me to come in that afternoon to fill out the hiring paperwork (tax forms, etc). I was so happy!
I came in and filled out all the paperwork with my parent (they are allowed to help you). I gave the packet back to the front desk and a very very sweet lady took me back into the same interview space to go over my packet. She had me sign a lot of forms and explained Six Flags policies, etc. She had my Dad even sign some things. After all that (which was very easy and very relaxed), she gave me a paper for my training/orientation days.
Don't worry about training/orientation days! They are the easiest parts of the process since you already have the job. You get to learn about the specifics, you get to meet all your coworkers and supervisors. It's very fun and relaxed!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. It's minimum wage no matter what.

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got called 3 days later (missed the call, but they left a voice mail), didn't call back. Got another call and scheduled an interview, told me to dress buisness casual (if you don't they won't hire you or they will reschedule you). When you walk in to HR you go to the front desk, an they will ask you to do a six flags standardize math questioniare which is extremely easy. After that you they ask you to sit down and wait till you get called. When you get called they will lead you too a cubicle and ask you if the info you put on the online application is correct. They will go thru some policies and you sign and intial papers. They will ask why you picked six flags, and some other questions that are situation based such as an angry customers or guest or how you would convince a neighbor to go to six flags. After that she told me I passed my first interview. She handed me a processing packet that had the parks policies and tax forms and medical forms to fill out and a background check release form. Fill that out and handed it to front desk, and then you sit and wait again. You get called and they start goinh over the park policies on hair and other stuff. You intial and sign a few papers, and then they measure you for your uniform. They will make a photocopy of your drivers licence (in my case) and look at your social too see if its legit. After that they will tell you that you are hired and will call back to schedule for discovery training after your background check is cleared.

Negotiation

None, you get payed $8.00 in California

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Vallejo, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

A 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interview asking fairly simple questions about how you respond to scenarios you may encounter. Get a phone call about 2 weeks to 1 month afterwards with response if hired, if not hired they ignore you.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions of responding to guest questions and being polite with crowds and guest interactions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer you a set amount per hour at minimum wage for you to sign and accept or decline and leave.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Jackson, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two weeks later. From there I met with an interviewer and I was offered a position right then and there. The whole process was very easy to go through.

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags in February 2013.

Interview

I went into the interview nervous. The first part was a one on one with questions like what your strengths and weaknesses are, once you passed that part. You were moved on to a group interview where you played a game, then answered rapid fire questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got an email that I was selected for an interview, went to interview it took hours. Everyone was very nice and welcoming towards me. Stood in line outside for hours before I could even get into the interview room. Had two interviews and a math test, One interview with human resources and another with the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Ride Operator Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an interview the next day. Nothing too tough, standard interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

One-on-one interview. Once you have completed the online application, you have to call the HR office to schedule an interview. Before you get into the interview, you must complete a math questionnaire. By the way, don't bother going in if you're wearing jeans. They'll reschedule you.

Standard questions. Really boils down to whether you're decent or not. Just be truthful!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You are down to the standard minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Valencia, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Simple,asked a few questions and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Schedule

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Went online and filled out the application. At the end of the application process it gives you a phone number and tells you to call and schedule an interview. Called and scheduled the interview...interview was about a week later. A few hours before the interview was supposedly scheduled I called to get directions to the employment center and the guy on the phone said there were no interviews scheduled for that day. So instead he said to come back the next morning at 10. Once I got there the next day the rest of the interview process was great. Desk staff were really funny and make you feel completely at ease....you're required to review your online application to check for mistakes, then take a simple math test without a calculator (basic problems like "If a costumer buys something for 5.37 and pays with a 20 how much change do you give them?) after that the interviewer will call you in...very simple and basic general questions, then they will pull out the ride op questions which are also very easy...then the interview is over, in my case they said they would call me when a position became available. They called a week later and offered me a job and now I have to go in to finish the final paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who complains of long lines?   Answer Question
    • What do you think a customer expects of a six flags employee?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the responsibilities of a ride operator?   Answer Question
    • Do you work better independently or with a group?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to gain from working at six flags?   Answer Question