Six Flags Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2016

1.7

Food Service Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Easy and very simple they usually hire everyone so don't worry. They don't ask very difficult questions most you would here on a average interview and you will have to take a math test but it's only ten questions and very simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It took around 3 days after applying online to receive an email asking for me to set up an interview date. On the date of the interview I dressed in straightened khaki pants and a tucked in Polo shirt. I arrived around 10 minutes early and there was only 2 other people. The interviewer asked me to take a seat so I sat next to another applicant in a suit and made conversation. A couple minutes later, the interviewer handed me a math assessment where I had to count change and do simple math. Around 5-10 minutes after that, the interviewer took me and another applicant to another room and asked us each around 6 or 7 VERY simple questions. She asked me to leave the room and that she would call me back in. Around 2 minutes later the other applicant walked out and she called me in. She told me that I got the job and immediately offered $9.00/hr.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at Six Flags?   1 Answer
    • What will you gain from working at Six Flags?   1 Answer
    • Do you work better in a team or alone?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. $9.00/hr seemed pretty good to me with no prior work experience and still being a minor.

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few days I received an email about my interview. You get to choose the time and date of your interview, which is nice in case you have made any plans beforehand that can not be moved. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out some forms as well as finishing a handout containing simple math questions about money. After that, I was called in to start my interview.

Interview Questions

• You see someone cutting in line for your ride, what do you do? What would you tell that person?   1 Answer

Rides Host (Day Shift) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Went to a career fair, had three interviews in quick succession asked me some basic interview questions about customer service, basic math problems and the like. Very straight forward for a very straight forward position. It can be incredibly time consuming and well it was mainly a bunch of high schoolers such as myself at the time...so if you can imagine (or even WANT to imagine) that aspect can be less than enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Q. How would you assist a park guest who was unhappy with their experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First you applied and than you scheduled an interview at the Employee Services Office. Afterwards, you go into the office and take a basic math test. It's really simple and it contained questions of simple addition and subtraction. When I finished the test, he immediately called me to go conduct the interview. In total, it took me about twenty minutes to finish all of the paperwork and the interview.

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day for an interview the following week. Went in and filled out a money counting worksheet and then got interviewed. He asked me a few questions of my past job experiences and what would make me a good lifeguard to work here.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

You apply online, they call or you can call. I called as soon as i finished online. Get an interview, basic questions, and if they like you, they call you for a second interview with your supervisor

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had originally applied for admissions and at the last minute they were like admissions is full but food service isn't so I just went with it. So I got to the interview and the 2 people working in the office seemed as if though they were all put out and irritated. They didn't even acknowledge me when I walked in. It was extremely rude and unprofessional if you ask me and then when I asked them a question they just kept on talking to each other as if I wasn't there and that happened about 4-5 times. I honestly felt like walking out at that point but I wasn't going to let some ignorant people keep me from getting a job. As I'm getting interviewed the lady never once makes eye contact with me, she's just writing stuff down and crossing out a lot of things really hard making it obvious that she's annoyed and from what I don't know. Her job doesn't even seem that hard considering that all it consists of is asking teenagers about their work experience. Then to top it off the lady who interviewed me didn't even ask me all of the questions she was suppose to. How do I know that? Because she said "I'm not gonna ask you everything". She really lacked common sense for being a middle aged woman. Not to mention her ugly remarks after all my responses. Like one of the questions was "how would you handle a customer"? And I responded with being polite and well mannered and she was like "really and you're not gonna smile"? I was dumbfounded by her comment. She was so unbelievably rude. I wanted to snap back so badly but I just kept my cool and manged to get through the rest of the 3 minute interview. I ended up just reiterating my answers in a different format because I wasn't going to conform to the basic replies she wanted. Towards the end of the interview she just gave me a packet and didn't even tell me I was hired. I just assumed I was because I got a packet. Then as I was filling out the hire packet the people in the front were talking to each other about the people who applied and how they didn't like some of them. I'm surprised something about me didn't slip out of their mouths with me being in the room that's how ignorant they were. Management really needs to do a better job with who they put in the front to represent their business.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They asked a few simple questions , why do you wanna work here ? How would you make a customers experience better ? Why should we hire you ? Had to fill out some paper work and take a simple math test before the interview . The interviewers we pretty chill

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (San Antonio, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

It was incredibly difficult to get a hold of anyone I could talk to about getting an interview. After I got through the interview I had yet more issues trying to find out when I needed to take my Discovery Classes. After I took my Discovery Classes I had more issues trying to get information as to when I was going to be trained and when my first official day of work was going to be and whether or not the two were going to coincide.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions for me were the "Situation" questions. 'Say ___ were to happen. What would you do in said situation?' The reason being that I had no prior job experience so I wasn't sure what exactly the correct answer was or what I would have done in ___ situation.   Answer Question