Six Flags Security Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

1.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy questions, interviewer was very personable. Did not have any issues with the interview. They hired almost everyone interviewed. They needed a lot of people, so they rushed everyone through.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Six Flags

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 part panel interview. Basic interview questions. All you have to do is smile and be honest. As long as you be yourself, they will hire you. They love personality.

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Six Flags (Austell, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. Waited about 40 mins to get interviewed. After hired. Had to come back couple days later and do drug test. And also a loss prevention interview. They are asking u questions about loss prevention, anything on your record, trying to figure out what type of person you are. Then have to wait until they decide if they want to continue through processing.

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

It is a fairly easy. Be honest. Have and express interest in law enforcement or security. Make sure you smile, shake their hand, look them in the eye. If there is ever a time when you are walking from one room to another, make some side conversation. Try to bring up some of your favorite rides at the park or good experiences. Do some research on the company to make yourself look better.

Interview Questions

• What is some equipment that would be necessary for a security officer?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Six Flags in June 2015.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward much like any other interview. You're typically interviewed by HR and then if HR approves you are then handed over to department interview, Lastly you receive a background check review. Simply answer the questions in an honest and polite manner discussing how you're a model citizen and understand that park policy matters and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a line jumper?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase the salary is standard for all employees.

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Six Flags (Vallejo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

First had to fill out a little form stating that I was willing to follow all the park guidelines and confirming my birth date, then I had to write a paragraph stating what qualifications I had for the position and why I wanted the job. They used that paragraph to grade the spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Second, I sat down with the Lieutenant, Corporal, and Sergeant, where the actual interview was conducted. The interview was pretty standard. They asked a few questions to make sure that I understood the physicality of the job, and a few personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a large fight broke out between 7 people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Set of three interviews. First was with HR at hurricane harbor, second with security at hurricane harbor and the third with Six Flags HR over background check. The second interview was the most important.

Interview Questions

• Why should We hire you?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Six Flags (Gurnee, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. it was a 1on1 interview the interviewer asked me common questions including 2 or 3 behavioral question. Do not be shy or scared. They are looking for leaders with great attitude and dedication. Do not worry about the questioning, worry about your attitude and your image. Smile, give a good handshake, be polite, and do not be shy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Arlington, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

There were several steps to the interview process. Check in, application review, first interview, second interview. All on the same day. It is more of an attempt to look professional rather than an actual interview. Also, prepare to wait. My scheduled interview was at noon but I didn't see the first interviewer until an hour and twenty minutes after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Six Flags (Jackson, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 interview relaxed just be honest